Why did I have a tough time changing my belly button ring?

I've had my belly button pierced for nearly 6 years now. I have all 14g jewelry. Last night I have a 14g and wanted to change it to another 14g ring. The first one came out like normal but putting in the other ring was a very tight and painful fit. I've always used 14g jewelry so why was it so tight this time?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Ring might have not been 100% clean and or the piercing could be inflamed slightly...

Most Helpful Girl

• I've heard that it happens to other people as wear whenever they change their belly button rings. The area probably recovers way too fast. I was thinking of getting one as well. Did it hurt? Did it get infected?