How do I deal with family comments about my clothing style?

I'm currently curating an all-black (or 99% black) wardrobe. Nothing gothic, it's just a look that I've always liked but never had the guts/confidence to actually do. Plus, it'll be easier for me to get dressed in the morning.
My plan is to gradually replace items with good-quality stuff in black, while keeping my favorite clothing that's already black. But the thing is, I know that my family is going to give me a bunch of fuss (in spite of me turning 19, and planning to buy all of the stuff myself); I already get some yak for not wanting to dress girly/preppy.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• ladies and gentlemen, Mr Jonny cash

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I like to think I got a laugh out of you if I got the mho lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Like nothing, just ignore them. My girlfriend wears black leather often, and I find it hot!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares, just do it. Be who you are

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• black looks fantastic... like a tight black turtleneck with leather leggings would look amazing. I wish I could wear it but I'm afraid I'll overheat. I really really want to dress all in black though lol

1|0
    0|0
    • I love that outfit idea!
      And it really depends on the fabric, I think. I've worn a lot of black this summer and just stuck to cotton, linen and breezy/sheer materials. You should try it!

• Show All
    • Yeah; I love that outfit a lot, but it looks more Fall/Winter (just add a coat) to me.

I'd keep the hat, wear a black off the shoulder blouse (in a flowy material) with a black maxi skirt and black sandals. That's like, the warm weather equivalent, I think.

• that's a completely different outfit :p

• Tell them you wear it so stains don't show. They can't argue there

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes