Why are women trying so hard to be fake?

not all women obviously but...
i just don't understand it..

we have
fake boobs
fake butts
fake eye lashes
fake vaginas
fake nails
fake appearances (makeup)

& I just found out you can buy
fake nipples...

they're little things you put in your shirt to make people think your nipples are hard? I guess?

Why?

like in 3017
i expect all men to be robots
and all women to be nothing but plastic
literally, or nothing but silicon...
i expect them to be see through..

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think since society beauty standards have gone up, some women feel pressured to look a certain way because those who meet those standards are praised and idealized especially along with social media where everything's polished and perfected so against that whatevers natural and normal gets confusing

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I am totally with you on this. Our cultural icons for women are so demented. I have always been attracted to women that are totally themselves. No makeup, perfume, complicated hairdo's, acrylic nails, etc., etc. And plastic surgery, forget about it.
    I like a woman who looks as natural as a flower.
    ~JSmith

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know I guess for them its ab confidence and the way it makes them feel. You look good you feel good and for every part they think they can enhance it boosts confidence. For some its a drug like plastic and so on. As for me I think I'm blessed enough to not be apart of the crowd but to each their own.

1|0
    0|0
  • Another major factor are the unrealistic ideals that society has built up that they find "attractive". Therefore, the pressure those women receive from society's beauty standards push them into thinking that it's okay to "tweak" their looks to fit the ideals. Many women want to feel more beautiful and look beautiful in more people's eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone wants to feel good about their appearance, some just go about it differently!

0|0
    0|0
  • societies beauty standards are higher and instagram isn't helping

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm glad you said "not all women"

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 1

• Well, some women don't like a certain feature that they don't like and want to change/alter them. Others want to look more beautiful by either their standards or societies standards. Every lady has a reason of their own.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes