Has anyone tried the mayonnaise hair mask before?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and I made a thread about this before. I put mayonnaise in my hair for about 20 minutes then wash it out and it's nice and shiny and smooth. Its perfectly awesome looking

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, and I don't think I would want to put mayo in my hair. That would gross me out, the smell especially. Lol I'm sure there are tons of hair masks you can buy to get the same result of whatever you're trying to accomplish.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

What Girls Said 14

• I did it once when I was little when my mom was worried that I could have caught lice. Honestly I don't remember it that well, but I guess it worked. The idea is gross, but apparently it is really good for your hair. P. S. Rosemary essential oil is also a good (and less gross) lice repellent.

0|0
    0|0
  • No... I have heard that washing your hair with mayo can make it silkier/shinier, but I haven't tried it. I don't really like mayonnaise so I never have it in the house and never buy it other than on the VERY rare occasions I get the urge to make egg salad.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried to use it once because I had an extra jar of mayo and it wouldn't wash out properly. My hair also smelled vaguely of mayo throughout the next two washes. I want to say that it got slightly softer? I don't think it was worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been veering away from these natural masks within the past year or so. Now my hair is much healthier.
    I would suggest that you use the Eva NYC hair mask. It works like a charm for my straight, thick hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't (I use coconut oil or olive oil) but a friend of mine tried it but it just made her hair greasy and dull. She never tried it again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never heard of it, but that sounds gross. I feel like it would make your hair oily

0|0
    0|0
  • What does this do for your hair? I never heard of it

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I didn't even know that it exists. 🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • No I tried the eggs tho

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds delicious