Girls, what's the point of women's steel cap shoes?

Steel cap shoes are originally meant for working boots where heavy materials may fall and damage the worker's toes. I was at the store and saw women's DESIGNER steel toe shoes. This makes no sense to me. They're not exactly that aesthetic in my opinion, so why would women want something meant for utility in a designer shoe?

5

Most Helpful Girl

• Because fashion isn't always aesthetically pleasing. Hence the recent trend where it looks like the clothes got shredded in the laundry machine

• It's interesting. WAY back then, shredding clothes were worn because those people couldn't afford to buy new clothes. Now, those who can afford it are wearing them intentionally. Also back then, steel cap shoes were only worn by the working class who operated heavy equipment. Now, they're on shoes worth over a hundred dollars.