Girls, what's the point of women's steel cap shoes?

Steel cap shoes are originally meant for working boots where heavy materials may fall and damage the worker's toes. I was at the store and saw women's DESIGNER steel toe shoes. This makes no sense to me. They're not exactly that aesthetic in my opinion, so why would women want something meant for utility in a designer shoe?

Girls, what's the point of women's steel cap shoes?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because fashion isn't always aesthetically pleasing. Hence the recent trend where it looks like the clothes got shredded in the laundry machine

0|0
    0|0
    • It's interesting. WAY back then, shredding clothes were worn because those people couldn't afford to buy new clothes. Now, those who can afford it are wearing them intentionally. Also back then, steel cap shoes were only worn by the working class who operated heavy equipment. Now, they're on shoes worth over a hundred dollars.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• A lot of fashion comes from things that people originally wore to work, or wore in the military.

0|0
    0|0
  • Itls just for fashion, no utility. Even the origin of jeans was the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me they look stupid. Kind of remind me of beaks.

0|0
    0|0
  • To look under the skirts of other women.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha, why do you need steel cap toes for that?

• The reflection of the steel. Just slide your foot over enough and you can look down at your show to see up her skirt. That's how they used to do it back in the day.

Recommended myTakes