Why do people concentrate on the looks than the personality?

I just don't understand why people like someone for the way they look instead of the way they act. Does it really matter if a person is ugly just as long as if they nice then that's what people should like them for. Then again no one is ugly everyone is beautiful in their own special way it's just how they present themselves just coz a person doesn't look pretty on the outside doesn't mean they ain't pretty on the inside which is what people should focus personality and inner beauty...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• To a degree.
    Looks can also tell how much someone takes care of themselves. So it can be linked to personality.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think looks draw you in but personality makes you stick around.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• the looks are for hooking up, the personality for keeping them

2|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I don't think I really concentrate on looks that much, but I do require that I am physically attracted to someone I'm dating. It doesn't matter how great someones personality is, I'm still not going to date them if I find them to be physically repulsive, because dating, to me includes shows of affection. But then again, it doesn't matter to me if you are a beauty of 11 on scale of 10, if I find your personality to be abhorrent.

0|0
    0|0
  • men do consider personality. however it's much later in life we mature that much

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I concentrate more on personally than looks

1|0
    0|0
  • Both are important in my opinion. I couldn't date someone I wasn't physically attracted to. It just wouldn't work.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because physical attraction is very important to men and women.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes