Why do people concentrate on the looks than the personality?

I just don't understand why people like someone for the way they look instead of the way they act. Does it really matter if a person is ugly just as long as if they nice then that's what people should like them for. Then again no one is ugly everyone is beautiful in their own special way it's just how they present themselves just coz a person doesn't look pretty on the outside doesn't mean they ain't pretty on the inside which is what people should focus personality and inner beauty...

44

Most Helpful Guy

• To a degree.
    Looks can also tell how much someone takes care of themselves. So it can be linked to personality.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think looks draw you in but personality makes you stick around.