Could apple cider vinegar be drying for the hair?

I did research the effects of ACV rinse, the reason I'm asking this is because I want to know reviews from those of you who have tried it before. Was it helpful or did it strip off your natural hair oils? I'm aware that things work differently for everyone, and before I try it, and want to know the ratio on whether it's a hit or a miss. My hair is already very dry and I don't want to make it worse by experimenting and knowing little to no feedback about apple cider vinegar hair rinse.
  • I've tried it and it did wonders for my hair
    Vote A
  • I've tried it and it made my hair dry
    Vote B
  • I've never poured apple cider vinegar on my hair before... Who does that?
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Acidic solutions applied after, like apple cider vinegar, may reseal the cuticle. This flattening may not only help hair color last longer, but also flatten the cuticle, making your hair easier to comb and a bit shinier. Still, overdoing it with apple cider vinegar can cause more damage than it is worth. My opinion is consult a hair stylist and see what they have to say about it, i know Apple Cider Vinegar can take oil off the skin and it helps with break outs on the skin.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a week-long routine for my hair lol I definitely tried it more than once since it makes my hair shinier and smoother. but I would recommend using oils before. like where your hair's dry

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• xD best thing to do is to shampoo and condition twice a week, if your hair gets dry from that id recommend good'ol argan oil, that stuff works wonders

0|0
    0|0
  • its good for killing ants, and as a cleaner for chrome..

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes