(not to be sexist) why don't girls wear skirts anymore?

it's a very rare occasion I see a girl around here wearing a skirt. what happened? skirts are so fashiony and cute

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I love wearing skirts and dresses, I own a lot of them... I have long legs, bigger thighs and ass and slimmer waist - very difficult to find pants for me. Skirts are more comfortable around waist, hips and thighs. However, I can't wear skirts all the time - mostly late spring, summer and early autumn, because it is quite warm. Rarely wear them when it rains or when it is cold. When I lived in UK, it was so windy there that I had tohold my skirt down all the time :D didn't want to be like Marilyn Monroe :D

Pants offer bigger freedom regarding sitting positions. Also when it is hot, you dont get stuck to the seat :D and you dont sweat. Lots of girls dont wear skirts because while they walk the inner thighs chafe against each other, and that can be painful when hot (sweat).

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't match their plaid shirt or their benie so they don't like them.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • you must be from a different part of the world than me. lol. here it's leggings and a "simply southern" shirt. gets really old really fast

• No im from tue south too

• wanna trade then? I'll take plaid and beanie any day

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• Depends where you live tbh. Here in England we have have horrible weather, it's always raining (icy cold rain too) and windy. If I lived somewhere a bit warmer (even if it rained it'd be warmer rain than here), I'd definitely wear more skirts. I sometimes wear dresses when at work but even that's unofficially considered too feminine to be taken seriously in a typically male dominated profession. Hence, more professional women here wear pants suits.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the in thing right now.. One of the trends going around is women having a more androgynous style. Started with the boyfriend jeans craze. It always comes up every other year or so. Trends are always changing but they always go around in circles so in a few years time skirts might come back into the spotlight only to fade out then come back again.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear a skirt or dress almost every day and love them.

0|2
    0|0
  • i wear sexy little schoolgirl mini's all the time!

0|0
    0|0
  • depends what I'm doing, where I'm going & who I'm going with. I like skirts we can't wear them for everything

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know what happens, but it saddens me that less and less girls wear skirts nowadays.
    I think since today it's all about big butts, pants are more popular because they shape the ass better than skirts.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's out of style. they do wear those really short shorts that are basically underwear lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try Asia

0|1
    0|0
    • I went to Japan a month a go. it was like heaven

• Show All
    • I'll tell you this, I saw a 20. I know I know (it's wrong to objectify women) we all do it subconsciously or not.

I thought the scale was 0-10 but then bam. like getting hit by a truck she couldn't be measured on that scale

• yah there 10's are average in comparison to over here is why my preference is Japanese and Asian

• Obviously they are not "fashiony" right now

0|0
    0|0
  • because they rather wear short shorts that are basically denim underwear

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes