Does getting your 2nd ear piercings hurt? if so, how can I get it to not?

im 19 and want to get my seconds done. I'm just worried it'll hurt because when i got my first ear piercings done 11 years ago, it hurt so bad that i actually cried. my one friend got her 2nds done awhile ago and she said it hurt badly. my other friend got hers done a year and some ago and she said it didn't hurt at all (they both got them done at the same store btw)

so i was wondering if it hurts and if it does, what can i do to make it not hurt or at least not hurt as much? maybe my firsts hurt because i was only like in grade 2 and i couldn't handle a lot of pain, I don't know

please help me because I'm nervous thinking about it because i hate needles and piercing guns aren't much different since the earrings act as a needle basically

20