How to go from is to an ashy tone?

Yesterday i used the loreal wild ombre kit for brown hair but i have black hair. Of course it turned out brassy and it wasn't light enough. It turned the bottom part of my hair bright yellow (as it was already bleached).
Looking at these pics, how can i turn my hair into a more ashy shade? I was thinking of using an ash blonde box dye? Will using a lighter ash blonde dye make my hair lighter? All i really want is to get rid of that orange red brassy kinda tone and neutralise it with just toners and ash blonde dyes (i tried the purple shampoo and scott cornwall color restore cool ash but i dont thhink it really made a difference). I was hoping to achieve an ash blonde or maybe light ash brown. Just something light, and ash. How to go from is to an ashy tone?How to go from is to an ashy tone?How to go from is to an ashy tone?How to go from is to an ashy tone?How to go from is to an ashy tone?

10