I'm a burn survivor and was burned on a little over 35% of my body should I be worried about wearing a bikini on the beach?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends. If you feel comfortable in your own body, please don't make anything or anyone hide it. Be proud of your body. If you're comfortable show the world that you DID survive and you can be beautiful no matter your past! You could be a great example for many people that are uncertain about the way they look.

Yes you will have people lookong at you, and they better be jealous that you have the balls and confidence, that you feel ok in your body.

Do what feels right, For you. And don't let anyone else tell you you're wrong, if it is right, For you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• I can understand
    But you'll free more free if you let it go. Yes people will look but try to get use to it i guess

1|0
    0|0
    • It isn't the scars. It's she's much more likely to develop skin cancer now

• Show All
    • @reptocarl I'm only a year out and have sever Anxiety

• It'll be ok. Nobody ever laughs at me. Some ask about the accident but most never say a thing. Again you survived a horrible accident. Those remind you of how strong you are

• You shouldn't. The most important thing in life is that you feel comfortable in your body. Another good thing to learn: if you are not emotionally invested in someone (i. e. strangers) you dont have to care about their opinion ;). They will look, as is also natural (you dont get to see someone who is a little different everyday, so you automatically look) but you should be confident and not be bothered :).

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't be self conscious about something you can't help. Remember you're beautiful and the only opinion of you that matters is your opinion of yourself. On the other hand, definitely ask your doctor if that's alright, considering all the UV radiation you'd be absorbing.

0|0
    0|0
    • It isn't the scars. It's burn victims don't have any natural protection anymore and are extremely susceptible to skin cancer

• Show All
    • You should be more concerned about the skin cancer. This is very real for us burn victims. Don't risk it

• @reptocarl omg yes I know I get it I'm o no the lake every weekend so chill

• Do what you Love & Fuck the Rest.. Dont Care what People Think.. Live Your Life.. 😉

1|0
    0|0
  • Me too at 20% of mine and do not wear a bikini. You are extremely susceptible to skin cancer now. All of your natural protection is burned away. I have to be checked by a dr every 6 months now for skin cancer. Stay covered up. That tan will kill you

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm already tan I had to have skin grafts I have to stay in shade a lot

• Yes and stay that way. Stay covered up. Don't risk it. I wear long sleeves even in the summer

• you can't control that. go out and have the best time in your bikini. just remember to wear sunscreen!

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll certainly get stared at, no doubt about that. It's whether you're okay with showing them off or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • no , you should not..
    it's your body , girl...
    let people say what they say...
    do everything you possibly can before you die..

cheers !!!

0|0
    0|0
    • you worded that really weird but im pretty sure you had positive intentions with what you said

• that's who I am...
      do what makes you happy instead of what others want you to do...

• Believe it or not I know what's it like to be body conscious. I've got a shit ton of scars all over including a burn across my shoulder blade and I used to be paranoid to take my shirt off in the summer. You feel like your sending out a flare and everybody's coming running to point and stare. After a long time I realised nobody gave a shit. I was just another person in amongst dozens. People are too pre-occupied with themselves to notice most of the time. You get the odd glance, you even get some ignorant fuckers making it obvious what they're looking at and all but pointing at you and whispering too a pal. I used to hate that but people can't help curiosity. It's not every day you see something like that and they ain't being mean just curious. Its easy enough to cover up anyway. What i could never get over is when im shirtless and a girl stared at me I never knew if she liked me or she was just fascinated or disgusted by the scars. You can never tell and you can't ask

1|0
    0|0
  • honestly you shouldn't be worried, but be sure to wear lots of sun screen.

0|0
    0|0
  • thanks god for saving her ,
    and u don't have to be worried its fine

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you don't give a damn about what others think, No!
    Say Hakuna Matata!

0|0
    0|0
  • why u would?

0|0
    0|0
  • Worried? Nah. Not at all.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Definitely not; love your body for the amazing things it can do.

0|0
    0|0
  • never be afraid to show off your body. own that bikini!

0|0
    0|0
  • No, don't live your life worried about what others may think. Be happy and confident.

I know my situation is less frightening than yours but I have stretch marks all over my bum, my hips, most of my left and right thighs, parts of the rest of my leg, parts of my arms, and parts of my back and they are pretty prominent (had them since I was 15 due to strong medication to help with a chronic illness) I wear bikinis, shorts anything I want. Sure some people stare, and lots of people ask questions but it's fine.

You'll be fine too. You'll find most people won't judge you harshly, and if they do, thank god those shitty people will stay the hell away from you!

0|0
    0|0
  • No way. Go ahead and rock that bikini! ✌🏻

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not! Strut it, girl!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes