How often do you get really dressed up to go out?

Talking girls wearing dresses and heels and guys wearing a suit and tie.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• often but I wear my shirt open neck without a tie for comfort. Its really hot seeing chicks dressed up wearing heels

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh, here and there when i feel like slaying

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 77

• I wear a suit 5 days per week for work. I only wear a suit when I am taking a lady out if

1. I am going directly from work to her home to pick her up, or directly to a restaurant to meet her;

2. we are going to a wedding, funeral, or church;

3. we are going to a symphony concert; or

4. we are going to a very upscale restaurant.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really much.. its not the clothes , its how you wear them.. also , whats under them..

Brad Pitt goes out to dinner with an adidas track suit on.. i think he will survive any malicious comments towards his attire..

Sometimes i feel that people overdress to try and exclude others from feeling invited.. i always do get a good laugh when someone is dressed to the 9's but their girlfriend would rather know what's under my sweatpants haha gotta love reality

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the crowds you hang with. I have a group of very posh friends. And every time we get together it's a suit and tie event. I mean custom fitted suits, bow ties, cuff links... the works.

With my other group of friends they don't even wear clothes that match.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love dressing up like this. Makes me feel that much more handsome. But I don't have too many functions to go to, that warrant this much dressing up. But we try at least once every few weeks to go to a dinner show and dress up then. It's fun and good to rub elbows with the upper crust sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on where I'm going but yes I'm always dressed appropriately to the occasion and that does mean that I wear a good shirt tie a pair of formal pants proper shoes and good belt to go with it and yes as always a jacket or Blazer every now and then because style matters and dressing appropriately does too

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, suit and tie? Prom and weddings, after i started doing slack line and climbing, i haven't use much nice clothing, some casual and nice. Even with a girl i would bring them to do this activities with me which has been way better then a good restaurant dinner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only for special occasions, I'd ware a suit to a night out, if I was coordinating with the crew, and we were all dressing up just for funzies, or to pull, because I just like wearing suits, hell I wish I had more excuses to wear a suit

0|0
    0|0
  • It's something cause i really don't get dressed up , the last time i was dressed up was at a family friends funeral. I might get dressed up if
    i was going on a date with a girl which is not too often for myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only worn a suit once and that was at the highschool graduation prom thing (our school system works a bit different, I was 15)

We wear casual clothes at work, so I never had an excuse to buy a suit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Define really dressed up... if it's a suit and tie then probably a couples months because of like Christmas... but if it's like a collared shirt because of golf probably a week ago

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the place but usually the weekends. If I'm at a local haunt then I can go in my pjs for all I care but I'm not looking to hook up there.

0|0
    0|0
    • oh, suit and tie... nevermind. pretty much only weddings or business for that attire. dressing nice is one thing, overdressing is an entirely different animal.

• I pretty much never wear a suit & tie unless i'm trying to lie about my general image to potential employers. I dress like a northwestern hippie or a columbian cartel boss (so my friends tell me)

0|0
    0|0
  • At this point in my life I usually have to wear suits/business/business casual for work and school.

I don't have the money to go out to social places where this is the dress code.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rarely, unless I go straight from work lol
    I wear a full suit for work so, when I go out I prefer dressing casual, usually a shirt/, nice casual jacket, black chinos and some vans

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually wear a suit to go to Mass, but the last few dates I've been on, I've worn a suit or at least a sportcoat and nice pair of slacks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hate suite and tie, but vaistcoat and bow tie, well love them xD also if i have option i wear suspenders insted of belt. Just my thing...

0|0
    0|0
  • the last time i wore a suit was a few months ago to go to my cousins wedding.
    I've only really wore them for special occasions. i dont usually go to fancy places

0|0
    0|0
  • I typically dress like a bartender for day-to-day activities (black & red flannel or pink shirt, black bowtie or cravat, black waistcoat, black slacks, dress shoes).

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear a dress shirt with a tie jeans and shoes with a watch and earings just casually lol or ill wear sneakers and a snapback with them i have a unique fashion sense lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Normally I wear a suit and tie to work... but going out in them is rare indeed. Two times a month maximum.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 55

• Haha Never... There are NO such functions where I live that demand that kind of preparation!
    Excluding weddings and graduations...

0|2
    0|0
    • Yeah same here, just in very rare cases like you said wedding, graduation or even job apply

• perfectly said

• Every once in a while I like putting a little bit more effort into my appearance. My style is pretty chill most of the time, I like wearing skinny jeans and cool tops (a big fan of lace), but also cute knitted sweaters, mom jeans and hoodies. I often pair it with chelsea boots or minimalist looking sneakers. But every now and then I go for skirts and tights, or floral dresses for those hotter summer days.
    For parties I always go all out and dress up.
    So in total maybe... 10 times a year?

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much never.

When I go out clubbing (which I usually avoid) or whatever I'll just wear what I would wear anywhere else. I might put on a little more make up like lipstick and mascara but I can't be bothered to wear anything fancy. I don't even own anything fancy and I hate wearing heels.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many times a year. Husband wears suits and ties to work sometimes and we work together so I dress up sometimes too. Also to go out, usually for girl's nights, birthday dinners, weddings, while on vacation etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not often enough! I love dressing up and going out, especially with my boyfriend. But we just don't have much time to do it and we're both usually tired from working all day so it hasn't happened in a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't in the past 4 years or so.
    Yes, I don't go to nice places. :( I see nice clothes and dresses sometimes and I want to buy them but I just figure it'll be a waste of money seeing as I'll never wear them.
    I would love to. And I still dress decently, but there's just never an occasion that would call for a dress and heels:

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe once or twice a month. Clubbing but not anything too flashy or hardcore. Just a nice tight short dress, my high heels and my ponytail. Just a couple of drinks and maybe some dancing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always like to dress in a put together manner even for my casual/everyday attire. I live in high heels too. Don't care.
    For special occasions I will dress a bit differently, more elegant or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much never but even when I do, it's not usually with heels... We pretty much only get dressed up to go out for Christmas eve and New Year's eve.

0|0
    0|0
  • Until recently it used to be once a month, but due to pregnancy we have stopped this for the time being.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wore a dress+heels twice, for two 18yrs birthday parties (we were really supposed to dress elegantly, ugh)
    Even if I do wear dresses sometimes for important occasions that require me to be more elegant, I cannot stand heels. Dude, they're hell

0|0
    0|0
  • I only wear dresses at funerals and weddings, not because I don't look good in them, but because I'm a spaz and should nvr wear heels

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the event and how many of them per year but other than that I don't dress up just because.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not very often. I usually really dress up if it's for a girl's night out, a date (if we're going somewhere pretty fancy/dressy), or to some function, such as a wedding, or company holiday party.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do get dressed well whenever the occasion calls for it. I love it, when I'm dresses well for the occasion. Kind of dress (more or less) depends on the occasion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Back when I was working on a very formal corporate company, I would always take extra effort to dressed up but now working on consultancy company, only if needed though.

0|0
    0|0
  • on weddings. always the bridesmaids never the bride though

0|0
    0|0
  • About once a month. More this month thoigh since we've got a lot of events

0|0
    0|0
  • Very very very rarely. :V I'm an introvert so I hate going out period. I hate dressing up even more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only on special special SPECIAL occasions. I don't like dressing up

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes