Why do girls wear high heels shoes when it hurts so much to wear them?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Because society has told girls repeatedly that we look great in them or that we need them to look professional or classy. Many workplaces enforce rules that women have to wear them. They do hurt like hell but because we're told so often that we look better in heels we want to wear them to fit in with societal beauty standards.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• Personally I don't wear high heels that often, but when I do it just makes me feel that much more feminine, and of course makes my legs look more shapely.
    Bottom line is, it's simply called Vanity. :)

1|2
    0|0
    • But of course they would hurt after awhile of wearing them

• Show All
    • I mean like they do look nice when wearing fancy clothes at an event but it does hurt afterwards

• No pain if: quality shoes, right size, properly fitted.

I wear them almost every day and love them.

0|1
    0|0
    • Are they more comfortable then a pair of running shoes and other shoes?

• It's like comparing apples to oranges. Different. Compared to other shoes? Yes, I think so. Compared to sneakers, running shoes? Probably not, but I'm not running a marathon in my heels. Same as I wouldn't be wearing running shoes with a nice dress or skirt.

• Perhaps Cause they wanna look taller, classy, makes them feel sexy or have a better looking body, or maybe just cause they wanna fit in with other girls

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they look sick, and also if they hurt when worn, they are either cheap, or are not being worn properly 👌

1|1
    0|0
  • I wear when I have to, but they come off every opportunity I get.

0|1
    0|0
  • I stand at 5"4 and with heels I'm 5"8, yay! In all honesty, I wear them because I love experimenting with different types of footwear and am aware that the right shoe can make your whole outfit go from 0-100 real quick!

1|1
    0|0
  • It doesn't hurt if they're the good size (unless we dance with it)
    I don't wear high wheels (only regular ones) but I'm guessing one of the reasons is that it makes their legs look longer and sexier

0|1
    0|0
  • because i have to for most school things its a requirment im 5'10 wearing 5 inch heela

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't but for the ones who do it's because it looks pretty

0|1
    0|0
  • I rarely wear heels

0|1
    0|0

• Heels are not comfortable and for sure less comfortable than other shoes. Plus, I'm a tomboy. That's another reason why I do not wear heels.

• I don't because I hate wearing heels.

0|1
    0|0
  • No pain, no gain :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they are cute!

1|1
    0|0
  • its hot

1|1
    0|0
  • They make our legs look bomb as fuck.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't it's torture

0|1
    0|0
  • pretty hurts, because its beautiful

0|1
    0|0
  • Hate wearing heels

0|1
    0|0
  • when they are the right size they don't plus by time we get used to wearing them i love them they are sexy can turn an ordinary outfit to a bombshell

1|1
    0|0

• They don't hurt once you get used to them.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 3

• Makes the legs look awesome! And for a bomb of a dress there is no other choice! Just want to say thank you for putting up with the pain! We guys appreciate your efforts

0|1
    0|0
  • it makes them appear higher, i personally find women with high heels more attractive for some reason :D don't know why

0|1
    0|0
    • I've never understood why they would go through all of this pain from wearing them

• To make their legs look better and make them look taller. My girlfriend wears boots more.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes