Your favorite guy's scents?

Looking for something affordably daily wearing (office use, evening dinner etc.) Not looking to go out to bars or clubs with these. Wouldn't mind trying something new other than these.
  • Your favorite guy's scents?Chanel Bleu
    Vote A
  • Your favorite guy's scents?Creed Irish Tweed
    Vote B
  • Your favorite guy's scents?Dior Sauvage
    Vote C
  • Other (please list)
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• So this is a tough question, actually. Because — at the risk of sounding like a sephora associate — yr own personal chemistry totally affects the way most scents smell. Some scents that smell fantastic on one boy, will just smell **wrong** on another.

So... Given I have no idea what you smell like, outside of vague guesses based on yr (presumed) ethnicity... here are a few options that smell good on pretty much **everyone** and that DON'T interact too much with yr own skin chemistry.

__

Issey Miyake's Nuit d'Issey
    www.fragrancefind.co.za/.../...t_parfume_125ml.jpg

Careful with this one, since there's also a women's Nuit d'Issey (which, I think, comes in a white bottle).

This is definitely my no. 1 recommendation for a scent that you don't need to, and honestly can't, layer (since it would overpower the other layers), and that smells great regardless of who's wearing it.

It also comes in a 200 mL (6.7 ounce) bottle (!). which isn't cheap, but, on a per unit basis, it's pretty economical.

__

Do you have sephora stores out there? if so, they'll give you 3 samples every time you go in (regardless of whether you buy anything). If there are any sephora stores on yr regular beaten path, you'd be surprised at the size of the haul you can accumulate for free. their samples are big enough to last you almost a week of daily wear, so, a handful of visits and you're set for a few months.

Not every sephora will have Nuit d'Issey. But they'll all have Sauvage (good choice btw).
    also, Eau Sauvage and Fahrenheit, both from Dior -- both good as well. If bleu de Chanel smells good on you, those will too.

__

Also. Get samples of this... and layer it on top of, like, EVERYTHING:

https://fimgs.net/images/secundar/o.49288.jpg

Trust me.

The price point is absurd -- especially for a fragrance that's best used as a top layer -- but, sephora gives free samples. (:

1|1
    1|0
    • Wil definitely give your recommendations a sniff. Especially the tom ford. Never really tried his stuff despite hearing good things.

• Show All
    • Yea we do have Victoria's secrets shops here
      Dunno about the bebe fragrance but I guess we do too cause I 've been to shops where you can find the bebe brand

• @archiz yh the bebe fragrances and home goods (like bedsheets, shower curtains, etc) are sold in all sorts of random stores. In yr country I don't know, honestly.
      Weirdly, when bebe still had physical stores (they closed all their stores in the US) they didn't sell the fragrances or home goods in the stores.

The off-price department stores here in the States (Marshall's, Burlington, TJ Maxx) carry bebe fragrances.
      In France the closest equivalent I can think of would be Tati, but, Tati doesn't have as many brand names.

In Lebanon... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If the shipping doesn't kill you, then, eBay is probably yr best bet. (Look for "tester" bottles — those are usually legit, and cheaper. I've seen testers of the Hermès Mandarine Ambrée 100ml, which normally retails for about US$120, for as low as US$40.)

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 26

• from this list Sauvage, my brother always uses this one and it just makes me happy haha

0|1
    1|0
  • CHANEL

0|1
    0|0
  • 0|1
    1|0
  • I can't answer this. I have never dated a guy that wore scents. However, on occasion, they have and I have thought they smelled nice but I do not know any brands or have a preference so I can not be any help with this question. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm quite a simple person when it comes to scents for men, Old Spice is good enough to me, it's not overpowering and it's pleasant, perfect for everyday wear really, especially work. Plus it's cheap.

Other than that I like David Beckham's "The Essence", I don't like celeb perfumes usually but this one I think is pleasant and manly, quite sporty, but not overpowering, my older brother usually gets a lot of compliments with this one. Also it's only £9ish at most places I think so big money saver.

0|1
    1|0
    • Surprising this lol, had you down for a scent girl all day long.

Will give Beck's stuff a try though for only £9 can't go wrong.

• Soap and water? I really don't know what any of the colognes are. I literally almost bought my guy friend perfume from Yves Saint Laurent because I thought it smelled masculine with a feminine twist, like Old Spice with a hint of White Diamonds.

0|1
    1|0
  • bathe yourself in Head&Shoulders shampoo and Dove soap. serious

but if you must stick cologne then Cool Water by Davidoff

1|1
    0|0
  • I like bold and strong scents. A tamer one would be black orchid from Tom Ford. It's dubbed as unisex, but to me smelled male most. It's oriental and smells like orchids and spice

4.static.fragrancenet.com/.../153824.jpg

www.tomford.com/black-orchid/T0-BLACK-ORCHID.html

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know men. All I know is as long as he smell like clean laundry and is soft then it's all good. But I am werid.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love paco rabanne one million and fierce by Abercrombie and fitch

0|1
    1|0
  • I don't know much about mens fragrances but when I was looking for one for my ex the ones I really liked were...

1 Million by Paco Rabbane

The Scent by Hugo Boss

It's a different thing that we didn't last long enough for me to actually buy it for him 😂

I'm not sure how affordable these are though... it depends on your budget tbh

My signature scent is Very Irresistible (edp - yes I'm that picky) by Givenchy and I buy the 75ml twice a year which sets me back by about £130... I don't think that's too bad.

Ohh also I suggest buying from allbeauty. com

It's cheaper on there and the product is genuine

0|1
    1|0
  • My favorite scent is his natural musk. Thick, strong, heavy musk. I don't like it when guys try to hide their natural smell behind "men perfume" (Cologne). The more natural they are, the hotter it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • In this list Dior sauvage if not my favorite is one millions paco rabanne

0|1
    1|0
  • Cool Water by Davidoff
    Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier
    Gucci Guilty

0|1
    1|0
  • I like bleu de chanel and sauvage dior
    there s also seductive by guess
    and armani code

0|1
    1|0
  • If you're looking for something cheaper old spice is great

0|1
    1|0
  • Just bathe regularly... that will help a lot.

0|1
    1|0
    • Come now, I expect the man whom Izumi deigns to marry would have a fragrance collection Harrods would be proud of!

• Show All
    • I can't believe you logged into your pink account and downvoted me for this

• 😂 I wonder she has downvoted all the girls and not the boys.

• I only know soap haha

1|1
    1|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 19

• Creed irish tweed and aventus are obviously very very good scents. Also their concentration is far stronger than regular colonge

If you like this and are aware of those. Also if you don't mind spending 200-500$ on a bottle of cologne

Def go with creed

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah I have Aventus for going "out", it's too much to spray every day and the scent is too stand out for the office I think. Irish tweed I'm leaning on, it's more wearable in more places. But yeah damn it's pushing what I'd call "affordable" haha. Compared to the others anyway.

• Drakkar Noir all day every day.

Actually I have a knockoff cologne that is designed to smell like Drakkar used to smell in the eighties and nineties. Modern day Drakkar smells totally different, and not as good as it used to be.

I also use body wash, shampoo, and deodorant that smells like Drakkar.

0|1
    0|0
  • i have some really good perfumes that cost me under 50$ and they girls love them , they keep asking me what my scent is called and where did i get it from not to mention that some even asked if they could spray some on themselves cause they like it so much, dont go for big brand/popular scents that everyone uses you will lose your uniqueness

0|1
    0|0
  • Hmmm... I've never tried the cologne you listed but I'm currently using
    www.zinodavidoff.com/.../...ater_presentation1.png
    And
    www.lilydirect.com/.../...e_Men_Tester_500X500.JPG

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not having a go here OP but I think that stuffs girly & a waste of money but each to their own.

0|1
    0|0
    • Girls here love a man with a touch of femininity though... hair, outfits, scent and skincare 👍💁‍♂️ Haha. The cost-per-wear is negligible too, you get around 400 days use out of every bottle on average for £120 .. 30p a time.

• Le mâle de Jean-Paul Gaultier
    Chrome de Azzarro
    L'eau d'Issey Miyaki

0|1
    0|0
    • Le male... very good suggestion, don't know why I didn't think of that.

• Le mâle is very... uhhm... distinctive. Which could be very good, or very bad, and almost certainly nothing in between those.

• I have always been relying on AXE when I could afford it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Out of these three, I like the Dior Sauvage the best.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love Ralph Lauren Polo Blue. It's a sophisticated cologne which is perfect for office use.

0|1
    0|0
  • Good question bro I was just about to make a poll like this

0|1
    0|0
  • No one put prefume in real life they all smell like underarms

0|0
    0|0
  • the smell of ripe shmegma :P

0|1
    0|0
  • I use paco rabanne 1 million