Ladies, do you find MAC's new personality palettes offensive?

MAC recently launched 6 palettes based on personalities. A few of these personality names have offended quite a few women. Some of the palette names include "Prissy Princess" and "Basic Bitch."

Here is one comment from a customer who posted on their Facebook page.
"These names are sexist y'all. "Fanatic", "Bitch", "Power Hungry". If these were marketed to men they would be called:
Real Man (Prissy Princess)
GQ (Fashion Fanatic)
Maverick (Rockin' Rebel)
Ambitious (Power Hungry)
Classic (Basic Bitch)
Player (Mischief Minx)

Can you see how the male terms are positive, but the female terms are sexist and negative. This is a marketing fail."

MAC as a brand claims to care about empowering women but some customers feel this launch has done the opposite. What is your opinion? Are the names offensive or just a catchy phrase meant to be fun?
  • It's offensive, this was a fail
  • It's not offensive, some people are just too sensitive
  • Other/See results
    Vote C

198

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to say that the argument posted on Facebook is invalid. She quite literally pulled all of what she had to say out of her ass. How on earth could she know exactly what all of the colors would be called if released for men? Who is she to claim that all of them would've been positive remarks rather than negative, just because they were targeted to men? There is absolutely zero basis for her wild claims.

If you find it offensive, fine. I'm not arguing with you. Just save yourself the embarrassment and don't associate with what that particular Facebook user had to say.

• I'm merely asking for opinions. I don't know why so many people think asking a question automatically means *I* feel a certain way about it. Lol

• Understandable. There were actually many comments like that from other women too. That's why I asked this, to see if a majority of women feel this way or just a vocal minority. So far it seems to be a vocal minority. Thanks for your opinion!

• No problem. Sorry for the misunderstanding lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not sexist, first of all. Hearing that thrown over so often by women gets me annoyed.

However, the words used to name/label the products are immature/inappropriate.

I don't know who they try to gear those towards; I can't imagine a grown up be attracted by such names.