Cheap or expensive make up?

Do you think expensive make up is worth the splurge or do you think cheaper make up is just as good?
  • Cheap
    Vote A
  • Expensive
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I know a girl that used cheap makeup from China... she ended up in the Doctors and was given a course of antibiotics. Once you know the ingredients, and it is from a reputable company and source, then worry about the cost.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I splurge on some higher end products but I do use some drugstore products that I think are great too. When it comes to eyeshadow, I think higher end is almost always better as far as pigmentation, lasting power, and how easy they are to blend. I use both high end and drugstore foundation and I like both. I also like some blushes and bronzers from the drugstore as well as more expensive brands. So it just really depends on the specific product which is why I have a mix of both cheaper and expensive makeup in my collection. :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• it really depends what works for you, I've heard that cheap can be just as good as expensive if you can rock it.

5|0
    0|0
  • it doesn't make that much of a difference to me because i don't like girls with makeup

3|0
    4|0
  • Choice is yours. All i care about it is that make up is visually appealing not other way around.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do women still think that expensive = high quality? The price tag doesn't make much of a difference.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think girls could wear cheaper makeup and still look very attractive.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're unattractive it doesn't matter because you'll look ugly either way but I can't tell the difference to answer your question

0|0
    8|0
  • Expensive makeup I've heard is good for sensitive skin since it has higher quality ingredients.

0|0
    0|0
  • no makeup is best.

1|0
    2|0

What Girls Said 28

• Okay. as someone who cares about aging and looks damn good for her age, I can vouch for this.
    while some pricey make up is good (Calvin Klein and NARS lipstick are WORTH IT)
    there are some amazing make up products that are cheap. Also, if you're smart and innovative like me, you can make cheap make up look even better than it is, while keeping your skin good.
    Some expensive make up has more chemicals, and is animal tested. that, along with the brand name and sales equity will bump up that price tag.
    Foundation for example... it is better to go cheap if you find one you really like, than go pricey. Most expensive foundations are processed, and have many bad side effects. (Look at the girls who useMAC foundation, they eventually get zits all over while girls who use BB CREAM have less skin damage because it's a moisturizing foundation with good coverage even with just a tiny amount)
    ANOTHER THING,
    pricey make up lines will fool you into a "good deal" maybe a buy this MAC palette and you get another half off! BUUUTTT you still pay tax so really it's about the same whereas cheaper and maybe even BETTER make up products have good deals, and you get more than you bargained for

1|0
    0|0
  • I spend a lot on my foundation as it hasn't got the nasty stuff the cheaper ones do... you will see your skin be clearer if you do. It also lasts longer so in the long term it tends to cost less. what lasts me 3 months in revlon lasts a year in clinique as you use a lot less :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I think no makeup is good but if you're going to buy it what's the point in getting something overly priced? If you'd like to "splurge" it should be on moderately priced items but certainly not the expensive ones. You can get higher quality makeup at a cheaper cost, the only difference is you're paying for the name of the brand.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cheap for most products like mascara and eye shadows but depends on the quality, some cheap products are good quality but expensive usually have better quality. For skincare, having more expensive products is honestly better.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think mine is pretty cheap but it's from a natural brand. My skin never had any problem with it (and i have a very sensible skin).
    foundation around 15 euro. Mascara around 10 euro, lipstick around 10 euro too.
    It's very rare I use make up so I generally take cheap make up.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think the price usually reflects the quality but occasionally there's that cheap alternative that works better than the high end product

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally use mostly drug store brands, but I will spend a lot on base makeup, like primer, foundation and concealer. To me it's good to have a good base because everything will just work beautifully on top of it and you don't want anything extremely cheap sitting in your pores. But honesty, from what I tried, most drug store brands are just as good.

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to spend more when it comes to face products and less in mascaras and lip products. But it all depends, there are some drugstore/cheaper products better than the high end ones and vice versa

1|0
    0|0
  • I own more cheap makeup, even counterfeit. A lot of the times it's the borderline the same quality. But with expensive makeup it tends to be worth the splurge

1|0
    0|0
  • i think sometimes i just pay for the brand. also depends on the product, some expensive makeup are not worth the hype and there is often a drugstore dupes

2|0
    0|0
  • anything you put on your skin should be worth investing in but mascara/lipsticks has no diff

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the product really. Eyeshadow is usually worth the splurge for example, whereas blushers or bronzers are not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cheap= assuming it's a trusted brand and not extremely cheap.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're good at makeup. You can make yourself look good with cheap makeup.

2|0
    0|0
  • I use expensive skin products and lip sticks but cheap mascaras and eyeliners and somewhat cheap eye shadows.

1|0
    0|0
  • Expensive and cheap make up is like expensive and cheap hard liqueur. Most people don't know any better so they think the cheap stuff is just as good. So they by foundation that is hard to blend and just think all foundation is like that. Or they buy a cheap vodka and think all vodka should be that hard to get down. Then they finally by a quality foundation and realize how much nicer is, how well it blends, and how nice the coverage, and longevity is of the product. Or they try a more expensive vodka and realize it can go down nearly as easy as water. At the end of the day cheap make up will get you the end result you want just as cheap vodka will, it just might not be as nice.

1|0
    0|0
  • No makeup is the best, I don't need it, it's just a waste of money.

1|0
    0|0
  • I want the best for myself that's why I don't buy cheap makeup

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the quality, and if it's foundation. I usually can't find good cheap foundation that is darker then 50 shades of white beige, and 4 too light for me brown shades. After that I also have to focus on undertones and finding a foundation that doesn't make me look ashy as hell. I always end up having to buy more expensive make-up from Sephora to find something my skin tone in my area. Heck I've got a few foundations right now that are around $40 even a little more. Ah, the things people who aren't dark skinned and black will never understand.

1|0
    0|0
  • Expensive makeup up all the way, I do not like cheap makeup.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes