How do I stop biting my nails?

I have like a serious problem. I started biting them when I was four. My parents used to give me a quarter when I didn't bite them all week, and I only ever got one quarter. I haven't cut my nails in my entire life, because they're never long enough. I bite them down to the point that it actually hurts my fingers. Does anyone have any ideas that might help me stop?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to bite my nails all the time too! It got so bad because I'd bite my nails really short and they'd sometimes end up bleeding. I finally stopped when I started painting my nails. Whenever I'd subconsciously start nibbling on my nails, I'd get nail polish pieces in my mouth AND I'd ruin my nails. Gradually, my habit stopped. If this doesn't work, you could try dipping/coating your nails in spicy or sour liquid, like hot sauce or lemon juice. The recoil of the bad taste might help. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• I used to bite my nails really bad too, to the point where they would hurt and sometimes bleed. People paint their nails but, what helped me was, I got my nails done with acrylic. Everything I would go bite my nails I would remember how nice they looked and I didn't want to risk hurting my teeth from the acrylic. Try painting your nails and see if that helps

0|0
    0|0
  • Painting your nails is a good way to not bite them. Even look into acrylics if you need to

0|0
    0|0
  • Go get them done. You will not want to mess up your new set. Get them done for like 2 or 3 months you will get used to not bite them

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes