Red lipstick yay or nay?

The connotations of red lipstick have long been considered sexually promiscuous girls do you wear it often? guys what do you think of it?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Im not bothered either way by lipstick, it can look nice but you can look just as nice without it in my opinion

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I love red lipstick!
    I like how I look in a poppy-red, but for me and my personal style/colors that I wear, a vampy wine color or near-black is more wearable.

I don't wear it all the time, but it often really elevates my outfit when I feel that I'm missing something or that my outfit looks too frumpy. As for what guys think, I don't care, but I've been complimented on my lips many times (by very welcome and very unwelcome/creepy people; a blessing and a curse) so it just really plays them up and for me personally represents embracing what I have; for years I was very insecure about my lips and was afraid to bring any attention to them.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• I don't see Red lipstick as having a negative connotation. Red lipstick can look good depending on what the user of the lipstick is wearing (e. g a Red Dress) There are different shades of red. Bright red lipstick can be too much. Overall , I like red lipstick.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate it. It has nothing to do with connotations of any kind, I just straight up don't like how it looks.

1|0
    0|0
  • red lipstick looks sexy
    you should wear it to attract attention but not ever day
    Wear it at special days, to get a guys attention or to look a lot more sexy and make someone horny

1|0
    0|0
  • Red lipstick is a bit bright for me - I prefer subtle, nude colours

2|0
    0|0
  • i like it, but i saw only few girls that actually looked good with it

2|0
    0|0
  • I think its too bright of a color. I like a pink color.

2|0
    0|0
  • i dont like women who wear a lipstick, its disgusting to me. especially if i date you. but if we are nothing, then i dont have a problem with it

1|0
    0|0
  • I like those who do the make up for commercials, generally hot :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it, it simply makes a girl more desirable and wanted !!

1|0
    0|0
  • Red with Purple Undertone or Coral Pink looks great...

1|0
    0|0
  • I think natural orange looks good... red lipsticks give anty type impression

0|0
    0|0
  • depends if it suits ur face... stop asking useless questions

0|0
    0|0
    • LMFAO... don't comment useless answers the Q has both historical & scientific understanding behind it dick.

• I like it

1|0
    0|0
  • Is that even a question? 😜 lol

Yes, it's hot

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer pink

2|0
    0|0
  • Yay! Red lipstick on a woman is sexy 😍

1|0
    0|0
  • I like girls with red lipstick

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • no colour in face in general

1|0
    0|0
  • Ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Deepeendss

0|0
    0|0
  • sex. looking to come off sexy to get laid

0|0
    1|0
  • yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • nopes

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont like lipstick.

0|0
    0|0
  • Up to you

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• I think it looks pretty if the person pulls it off well. I don't like red lipstick when it's paired with dramatic eye looks cause it can look over the top but I think it looks really nice when the rest of the makeup is subtle because it makes your lips pop. Personally though I don't do red lips because I have small lips so I feel like bright colors make them look even smaller so I just stick to nudes

1|0
    0|0
  • my boyfriend LOVES it.

And women with red lipstick are sexy and confident in my opinion.
    I love wearing it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would wear red lipstick and a red dress on a date with my boyfriend (it's his fave color lol) but I tend to use more neutral colors of lipstick or just lip balm for everyday use

1|0
    0|0
  • I wear dark, saturated matte lipstick, not bright red. Does that count?

1|0
    0|0
  • Any shades of red lipstick is nice. I'm liking either the bright reds or the dark plum reds.

1|0
    0|0
  • it looks weird on me because one of my lips are lighter than the other.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear it to work, but I do when I'm out with my boyfriend or my friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear red lipstick often πŸ˜….

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely yay.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only for formal events.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yay.