G@g, have people treated you differently when you've had long or short hair? Natural colored or creative colored?

105

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• People have looked at me different but it didn't bother me much.

• No not at all.

lf they tried it i missed it ! lol

• What kind of different ways have you had your hair?

• Well I use to have it long, like middle of back. -then kind of a short choppy with purple , urgh too hard to explain them all. As for now you kind of can see in my profile pic. It's basically a long and layered mullet with shorter " bangs" . Gonna put some colour in probably this coming weekend.

• Well, I few more girls did pay attention to me, when I had the short hair.. But I love my long hair.. LOL..

• Not that I've noticed...

What Girls Said 9

• I had ombré purple and blue hair. People were crazy nice to me but never treated me differently in a bad way. It was more of a conversational thing with my hair. But I have noticed when I cut my hair in a bob, people treat me like more of an adult. When I have long hair... they treat me more like a "child" or younger than what I really am.

• Wow, that's interesting! I think people associate longer hair with being younger. That color with ombre sounds cool honestly!

• I am dying to look like as mermaid!

• A mermaid.

• It been years I had short hair, last time I had short hair was when I was in middle school. People told me it was a great / fashion haircut just that it was a bit too short.

I had this hairstyle :
    static1.puretrend.com/.../931839-sd-580x0-2.jpg

• My hair has always been long, but I guess that's because I'm mixed! Everywhere I go people always seem to point out the fact that I have good hair. They say things like... Oh my god, I love your hair! It's so long. But the only bad thing about having long hair is that it's hard to have female friends. They'll get jealous if you are beautiful. It's a competition thing with them!!!

• You're right, they are jealous! And culturally, if you are being told you have the "good" hair that has to be pushing some buttons too.

• When I had short hair, most people assumed I was gay. When I have not natural hair color, I get looks but nothing really more than that. Old people tend to love when I have those colors.
    Long hair with normal color, no real comments at all unless I take the time to style it and then I get told it looks nice

• I've always been treated the same whether my hair is colored or natural color. Earlier this year my hair was purple on top and a blue/aqua underneath. I just got a lot of compliments, but had to go back to my natural color to get a decent job. A few years ago when I was a store manager the owner didn't want to hire a girl because her head was shaved. He thought it was weird and didn't understand why a girl would choose to shave her head.

• I have never had colored hair but I did notice that people complimented my hair more when they grew longer.

• I get my color complimented. People like redheads. No one likes my length. I chopped the unhealthy parts off and evened it out. Now it's short and no one likes it. Can't wait until it grows back out!

• When I color my hair , people treat me as weirdo or as a little kid :s

• Yeah they do

• Not that I know of