Suggestions to stop my severe nail biting habit?

I've been a nail biter for a long time. Anxiety cause me to bite my nails without knowing I'm doing it.

I tried the bitter nail polish but it ends up not tasting so bad after a while so I continue biting. Nothing works.

The only thing that works is if I glue on fake nails. They let my nail grow but I noticed it's slowly damaging my cuticles. I try to not wear them when I'm home alone because no one is around to see my damaged nails and also the fake nail sets are expensive.

Anyone have suggestions? I'm getting desperate.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Create a new distraction method such as focusing on your breathing

Most Helpful Girl

• Meds will help. I was going to recommend nail polish but you already said that did not work. Sounds like you may have other issues going on besides anxiety that needs to be address.