Do you feel ugly despite knowing that you aren't ugly?

Story of my life. :(

1735

What Guys Said 35

• Yes and especially when I was younger. I was average at that time I guess, but I wasn't happy with my appearance. I was a lot chubbier at that time despite the fact I wasn't overweight at all and I was a lot rounder in my face at that time too. It also seemed like I lacked nose bridge making my nose appear flat. As I got older my face slimmed down with age without me losing weight and growing my hair a bit longer also helped. My nose is now lesser flat. So I feels better about myself now than before. There's still things I considering getting fixed like my teeth for aesthetic. But I'm not brave enough undergoing laser eye surgery and it's too expensive, so I won't do that although I looks bad with glasses.

• I don't know if I am or not, but yes, I often do. I feel like my relaxed face is ugly, so I often tense up so that it doesn't look so "saggy" or whatever. Other times I catch myself in the mirror and think "damn, I'm not really that bad, I'm kind of lucky".
    Your look is something you have to accept yourself, it doesn't matter how many people say you look nice.

• Awe I just notice that I really like the word despite. If u had use different words to ask the question it wouldn't sound so good

U know one day u will meet a guy who helps u see how beautiful u are and u will feel good about yourself

Or someone who takes everything and leaves u used and in shards

The best thing u can do is find that inner fire that makes u immune of all the external powers. U will then rise and bloom from the inside out and no one will be able harm you

• I'm ugly anyway, but I've learned to just accept it. If it's any consolation, I think you look pretty cute. I was just looking up on an old Australian group called The Seekers (They did Georgy Girl). The lead singer was a woman named Judith Durham, who for years thought she was fat and ugly, when in reality she was pretty cute. I think that over time she just got that issue behind her.

• I sometimes feel below average despite knowing that I am average. I suppose you could say I wish I looked better than average and cannot come to terms with looking average.

• Yes when people tell you so, you begin to believe that it it also true ( or if you tell yourself that)

• It's happened in the past. In my teen years especially. You, my dear, have absolutely nothing to worry about. Your profile picture is stunning. I mean it. But I know the feeling. I had depression in my late teens and early 20s. Time will heal it.

• I feel ugly but I don't know if I'm ugly or not but my friend keeps saying that you've got an amazing jawline and how come you're single

• Nope. I AM ugly xD

• No. I'm confident.

• I feel just average... not ugly or particularly attractive

• Yes at times i feel ugly. I got low self esteem issues.

• This apple is red πŸ˜’

• Nope

• I feel ugly and i know i am ugly lol

• Nope

• i m...

• Never

• always

• if you look like anything like the girl in the profile picture then your pretty hot!

• Nope

• Nah if I could clone myself I'd probably be gay πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• lol my life too but Im prettt sure I am

• Nope.

• don't feel like that

• True, you're far from ugly.

• soooo me, I also feel same.

• I am fine with how I feel. I do wonder why you asked this?

• You don't look ugly. So cheer up

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 17

• Yeah. I mean I think I'm about average, so I can cross the ugly/pretty line depending on the day and the state I happen to be in (makeup, hair, clothes, etc.).

• I've never been the pretty girl and sometimes have this nagging insecurity if I'm on a date or seeing a (what I find to be) really hot guy. As I get older I've learned that you need to own who you are and it's all about the confidence. If you don't love you nobody else will.

• I used to, occasionally I have "ugly days" but all in all I think I'm cute.

• Story of my life. I know I'm okay, but whenever I'm outside the house, I always check the mirrors. I'm not vain, it's just I try to make sure everything's okay. It's become a nervous habit. Also, when in public places with people I don't know, I put a mask on, so no one sees the real me. Which kinda sucks, but it's an automatic response.

• No. I'm happy with my look.

• no, I feel pretty because who else will love me the way I am lol

• I feel ugly because I am ugly lol

• Yes, why!! *drinking my tears*
    But no seriously, what's up with girls who aren't ugly thinking they're ugly
    I don't get it and kind pisses me off especially if these girls are close to those Victoria secret models:
    http://fotoo.pl//out.php?i=855160_a1.jpg
    Like c'mon man you guys are usually on top of dating chain lol Stop that foolishness XD

• My personal reasons:

The region that I come from prefers pale skin. I'm dark and I always get picked on for it.

My hair. It's super thin and people pick on that too. Why I don't have thick and long and luscious hair.

My ex. He constantly compared me with other girls especially my skin and hair.

Someone out there is always prettier and this just makes one sad.

Everyone has insecurities. It's wrong to think that pretty girls can't be insecure. No one should be, but unfortunately almost everyone is.

• I have my ugly days

• 100%

• I do not.

• I used to when I was younger. Cause I was fat

• nope.. but I don't feel beautiful/gorgeous either...

• sometimes

• Ya, sometimes.

• I am average

• No
    I m not