Tips for helping me from my "addiction" ?

So... I kind of have this "addiction". It's when I see something that I like, I immediately want to buy it. Of course I am only 15 years old so I can't just go out and buy everything that I want. I have a credit card where I can buy things with... obviously, but most of the time I go to my parents to ask them to buy this and that and blabla... and every time I think to myself you don't need it, but I still ask and get it. Just like today I saw this coat from a brand named "Ted Baker" and I really wanted it... so I asked and got it from my mother. I really want to control myself! Does anybody experience this too? Any tips to keep myself at bay? Thank you.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm glad that you see it as a problem. Seal the credit card in an envelope. Every day that you are shopping. don't open the envelope, mark the envelope with a small sticker or a smiley face or something Once there is no more room on the envelope, you can allow yourself to get the one thing that you most wanted.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's your parents fault for not teaching you about control. Anyway, the positive thing is that you understand the problem. You won't always have money to buy things on a whim. Set a limit. Permit yourself to only buy 3 or 4 things per month.
    If you happen to buy more, punish yourself by not buying anything the next month.
    Before buying anything ask yourself if it's really that necessary to have it. If the answer is no, don't buy it.
    It's that simple.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• yep... i can't get rid of it... its like nature, we want everything that we like but you need to convince yourself that you can't buy all that stuff because you will lose your money like me because i spent a lot of money in louis vuitton and gucci and ferragamo and bvlgary and shit like that so now i can't buy and iphone but i have a whole closet full of expensive clothes...

0|0
    0|0
  • it's called being spoiled πŸ™Š. it basically is created by ur parents :P. poke me on whatsapp if yah want my full opinion and tips/info ^^.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simple just remember it's not going anywhere buy it when you can not when you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell your parents to go to parenting class, problem solved

0|0
    0|0
  • that's not an addiction that's an impulse and that's just how teens are

0|0
    0|0
  • I do that too sometimes. just get a job and you'll easily cover it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was thinking about getting a job for in the holidays πŸ™‚

• Show All
    • Yeah well I almost turn 16 😊 In a couple of weeks😊 Then I will apply for a job πŸ‘

• okay cool then you're almost set.

• Cut the credit card up lol

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Try seeing if the price is worth the amount of use you see yourself getting out of it in the future. If you still find yourself overspending, give yourself a budget whenever you go out

0|0
    0|0
  • u can try to earn money and refuse to take too much money from your parents for a time and then this will stop you from buying so maybe u can get used to it
    and try to not go shopping often

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the same problem. I just focus on something else till the urge passes?

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a rich person problem. Sorry can't help you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes