Tips for helping me from my "addiction" ?

So... I kind of have this "addiction". It's when I see something that I like, I immediately want to buy it. Of course I am only 15 years old so I can't just go out and buy everything that I want. I have a credit card where I can buy things with... obviously, but most of the time I go to my parents to ask them to buy this and that and blabla... and every time I think to myself you don't need it, but I still ask and get it. Just like today I saw this coat from a brand named "Ted Baker" and I really wanted it... so I asked and got it from my mother. I really want to control myself! Does anybody experience this too? Any tips to keep myself at bay? Thank you.

58

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm glad that you see it as a problem. Seal the credit card in an envelope. Every day that you are shopping. don't open the envelope, mark the envelope with a small sticker or a smiley face or something Once there is no more room on the envelope, you can allow yourself to get the one thing that you most wanted.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's your parents fault for not teaching you about control. Anyway, the positive thing is that you understand the problem. You won't always have money to buy things on a whim. Set a limit. Permit yourself to only buy 3 or 4 things per month.
    If you happen to buy more, punish yourself by not buying anything the next month.
    Before buying anything ask yourself if it's really that necessary to have it. If the answer is no, don't buy it.
    It's that simple.