What are the down sides to laser hair removal?

Moderately thick black hair on my back specifically

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be expensive, may require multiple treatments for more permanent removal and can be painful. I also imagine that there's a potential for burns, scars or hyperpigmentation.

0|0
    0|0
    • all sounds bad

• Show All
    • That make sense since it's using light I do have fair skin and dark hair on my back. But the hairs are also thicker.

• Thanks for MHO! 😊

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I've had six sessions, and it's often recommended to get 10-12. Laser hair removal can be expensive, look into Groupon for deals. I found someone who did it for $100 a session, Groupon might have better deals than that, but if you're just looking for somebody without Groupon you'll probably pay $200-$300.
    It can be quite painful, especially the first time. After that first time it gets a lot better but it still hurts. Some areas might be more sensitive than others. It may cause problems for your skin if they have to use a high setting on their machine. The only problem it gave me was it made my skin red and sensitive to touch for a few days.
    This doesn't really work on lighter hairs. I know you said you have black hairs, but you might have more light hairs back there than you think. After six sessions I had to stop because I still had a bunch of hairs I wanted to get rid of but they were too light. I didn't even know I had anywhere close to that many light hairs before starting.

1|1
    0|0
  • Eventually grows back

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Ummm no more hair. Duh

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes