What kind of makeup do you like to see on a woman?

The unspoken rule of today's every-day makeup trend is to do one or the other: play up the eyes (think Britney Spears) OR play up the lips (think Taylor Swift). But some women also look great when they break the rules.

Guys & Girls: Which of these examples catches your attention and you find most attractive?

• Emphasis on the eyes with nude or lightly-coloured lips
    7%(5)7%(9)Vote7%(4)
  • I love that red-lip-classic-thing
    22%(15)17%(21)Vote11%(6)
  • Natural look or no makeup at all
    57%(39)65%(81)Vote74%(42)
  • Full classic coverage, enhanced eyes, lashes, lips, and brows
    9%(6)6%(8)Vote4%(2)
  • Goth/Theatre/Drama - very appearance-altering
    5%(3)5%(6)Vote4%(3)

Most Helpful Guy

• oh lol 100% of guys prefer no makeup😂😂

• I know. A bit of a shocking result because when a woman walks by with her eyes or lips done up, a lot of men will turn their heads to look at her. Even women who get dolled up and go out seem to have the men flock to them over the natural-looking girls. Hm... I don't think the men are being entirely honest. Maybe they prefer to *look at* the babe in makeup, but when it comes down to it, to bring home to mom they want the natural girl.

• I think that applies to a lot of guys
      😜

• Yep, makes sense now. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• All kinds. Make-up looks so awesome when done right.

What Guys Said 29

• Make-up should accentuate and/or fix what you already have, not create something you don't. That's why so many guys complain about girls looking completely different without make-up - it's not because they look awful, it's because they look like a different person, and I can see why some guys may feel a bit betrayed by that.

• Those few make up examples are too much for me. I don't say girls and women shouldn't do make up, by all means if you like doing so much make up, then go ahead.
    But i want to date a woman, whose face is not covered in colors like on a clown 🤡 . At least not very often.

For me the right amount of make up ranges anywhere from no make up to extending your looks BUT covering your entire faces in it? Maybe for special occasions or just because.

Girls, do your make up as you wish! I have only stated my opinion on it. All the freedom to you.

• Thin eyeliner, mascara and lip balm. That's what I use and when I take it down, people look at me as on a different person. It's very hard to understand what's the "right amount" if even these few things make such a difference. On me at least.

Would you consider it a big amount? Just curious.

• @Jemini_Crocket I'm not sure. I have to see the end picture of it. It doesn't sound like much however.

Like i said - just extend your looks. Eyeliner seems good. That's all fine from what you have provided. But do not cover your entire face in those colors like a clown would or like you are applying a military camouflage. You can still do so if you want but i am more concerned about whether a girl considers it a big waste or not. Or whether the efforts of applying so much make up is worth it. Besides i don't want to be tricked by those colors too much or too often. If it's a hobby kind of thing then go ahead and don't be stopped by me.

Am i making sense now?

• I understood your comment before, I was just curious with that thing of mine.

• To all of them, I give a big fat NO. I'd prefer something way more simplistic, like only using the thing that makes your skin a little more smooth, maybe some touch ups on the eyes, and call it done. Moving on to nails, natural nails (trimmed) with a simple color on them, would prefer for it not to be glossy / sparkly. The sad part is that nowdays, girls are forced to go all out with makeup to "fit into the society" and it's almost a standard for them to have this much makeup as on the pictures.

• "I'd prefer something way more simplistic, like only using the thing that makes your skin a little more smooth, maybe some touch ups on the eyes, and call it done."

Isn't that Option C in the poll?

• Well, I'm pretty sure it only allowed me to put up one photo for one option, and didn't think it would be too hard to understand the meaning of natural-to-no-makeup. LOL

• Tbh I didn't actually see the names of the options so i based it off of looks. But I stand with my desition, and think that you actually used an inappropriate picture, since the girl has quite a lot of makeup on

• None or "No makeup" make up.

• No makeup - natural beauty is the best, or maybe just a little bit of natural looking makeup, like concealer, face powder and foundation.
    Goth can also be very hot, as well as the smokey eyes look in the first photo.

• I can honestly say that I prefer to see a woman without makeup unless there is a special occasion. That saida little makeup that isn't noticeably makeup also never hurts.

• Honestly I'd really prefer none at all 95% of the time. Kind of don't even want to vote for the "natural" one because that photo does not look natural.

• All of them would be able to catch my attention because it is eye-candy. All the bold colors, eye shadows, camel length eye lashes, etc would probably grab anyone's attention. However, I would find C to be the most attractive for a bunch of reasons.

@Ozanne what would you find to be the most appealing?

• When I wear makeup I even out my skin discolouration with foundation and powder, then play up my eyes with the smoky look. I always thought that was nice, but maybe I'm wrong judging by how all these men are answering the poll! LOL Since that's how I look, I would have answered A, but my makeup isn't black like the picture - mostly dark greens and greys. Maybe I should have just used different pictures for this poll. :)

• @Ozanne In essence, many guys are saying that it's nice to look at a person who is all dolled up, but at the end of the day, it's natural beauty that really matters.

"Maybe I should have just used different pictures for this poll."

The pics you used were kind of extreme lol, esp. the full classic coverage XD

• Classic coverage - go to any nightclub and so many girls make themselves look like this. :)

• It depends.
    Usually, I prefer zero makeup.
    But sometimes, warpaint offers a delightfully artistic display.

• The simple one that have some make up but close to natural.
    Like simple eyeliner and a little other thingy

• damn I'd just be happy if she has lip gloss, no head for all this extra stuff, especially the last one tf

• Natural smooth skin look with some mascara or black shadow. I hate lipstick and dramatic stuff.

• Natural look to no makeup at all. Then red lips.

• No makeup. / Light makeup

• None. Nowadays women wear so much makeup that is basically false advertising. Most men like natural beauty now a cake face.

• Very few women are naturally that much beautiful as they are with the "natural" or "no makeup" makeup at least.

• natural look. i hate it when a girl has to much makeup. i remember dating my ex girfriend. she is a natural beauty. once she used a bit of makeup and i didn't like it at all.

• And the photo on here for "natural" doesn't even look natural it looks pretty heavy :/

• None

• Any kind as long as it's done well and isn't excessive

• Chocolate

• I'd also prefer none

• natural look with some cool lipstick
    into alt chick though, I don't know how muxh is that gon a help u

• Natural, but with some hot pink coloring, and gloss.

• Earth tones

• "Less is more"

• All but "E" are fine with me, but each represents a different mood, time, place, outfit etc.

• No makeup natural beauty is the best

• C for daily, A for a night out

• none

• None of them, just no to a little make up is pretty enough

What Girls Said 10