How were people able to tell that I was wearing women's aviator sunglasses?

So I am a straight guy but I don't like mens sunglasses as I don't like the frame styles since it looks boring. I recently purchased a pair of aviator sunglasses at American eagle and they are for women. I asked one of the sales associate lady and she told me to get the one that had the dark brownish tinted lenses and gold frame. I got that one and I was wearing them going out today. I stopped by a store and as I was walking into the store I flipped my sunglasses onto the top of my head and there was a group of teenage girls and guys walking out. One of them looked at me and started laughing and then got her friends attention and pointed at me and they all laughed at me. Even her guy friends was laughing at me. I don't know how they were able to tell that they were womens sunglasses. The lady at the American eagle store said that people would just think they are just a normal pair of aviators. She says aviator sunglasses are supposed to be unisex anyways. How were people able to tell that I was wearing women's aviator sunglasses?

12