How can I stand out for my Winter Formal?

I've never been to dances. Never been to high school parties, social gatherings, or hangouts. Everyone in school thinks I'm demure, plain, cold, and aloof. The only events I really go to are my grandmother's socialite evenings, where I'm all dolled up and put on display to look after the little kids. I want to stand out this time. I'm sick of everyone thinking that I'm just the girl with the lack of social skills, good grades, and piano skills. I'm not going to be a slut and attract attention like that, but I want my own Cinderella moment. But because of my lack of experience, I don't know how to do that. Any suggestions?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, You don't lack social skills. Second, you look amazing in whatever you put on. You should simply attend gatherings, try to be more open like you're here on GaG and keep joking abit, that helps a lot. The more of em you attend, the more experience you gain. Soon, you'll start enjoying them. And I know that our Lauren will rock the world❤️❤️🎉

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, my love, no one will be paying any attention to you at those kinds of events. It's not like a John Hughes movie where the awkward girl goes to the dance and everyone's head turns and their jaws drop. A few of the friendlier people might notice you on your own and chat with you a little, but I very much doubt that you're going to have the complete transformation moment that you're hoping for.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Been You will make you stand out.

Maybe do something opposite as well. eg if you usually wear all black mix red or purple in. something like this.

1|0
    0|0
  • dont know much about formals etc but just dressing well etc and being confident should do the trick

1|0
    0|0
  • Is there a prince?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Be more confident in yourself Do not care about the opinions of others, make more friends

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes