Why do heels have such a sexual connotation?

Whether we're talking about swimsuit models, strippers, cam girls, prostitutes, glamor models, the girlfriend / wife on sex night, etc., heels are pervasively present in erotic contexts, and often the longer / more gaudy the heels are, the more "sexy" or sexual the situation is. The most extreme example I can think of was an advertisement picture for an erotic film where a bunch of women were having an orgy together at a masquerade ball while a room of (clothed) men onlooked. The ladies were totally nude... except all were wearing heels.

None of this makes an iota of sense to me. I mean, they're impractically-shaped chunks of material that go on one's feet, and they do absolutely nothing for me. If anything, I think that heels are ugly. I don't know what happened in history that suddenly transformed them into a symbol of sexuality and sexual situations.

Anybody have any ideas?

Updates:
Bump.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's stupid because heels were originally for men

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And so was make up ! Yet it seems to be only for women now

• @Shimy ah I didn't know that, what was it for? Was it for war paint or just for general looks?

• It was probably used since prehistory, for ritual and fertility. In Ancient Egypt it was used by both men and women to enhance their beauty, but also because they thought it would protect them from demons.

Most Helpful Guy

• its simple, just walk behind two ladies one wearing a pair of heels and one in flats and watch their ass... one sags and just dose not a lot, the other moves up and down with every step and just stood there they are tense and therefore pert and stand out.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I rarely wear heels

Guys find it hot when girls wear heels

0|0
    0|0
  • i think the heels further define the femaleness.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe they were associated through history with, like you mentioned above, strippers, prostitutes, cam girls, models, etc.. Heels uplifts a woman. Most models have one characteristic feature: height. Also, heels have been very feminized by various outlets

0|0
    0|0
  • Heels do nothing for me when it comes to swimsuit/sex type scenarios. They look ridiculous but I understand why they do it.

I like heels as part of a classy outfit on a special occasion. Really hot when the woman is good at actually walking in them.

0|0
    0|0
  • heels look hot on girls as they have to stand on their toes and it makes them more vulnerable as they struggle to balance. It makes us guys feel dominant when wearing comfy boots or shoes in contrast to chicks in heels

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not know, I like girls who wear boots more

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes