Any ways to help with eczema?

Any tips to help with rashes, redness, inflammation and things?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Hydrocortisone from the pharmacy. Over the counter should work. If not get a perspecription from the doc for a higher concentration

Most Helpful Girl

• HELL YEAH. I've been dealing with eczema since birth. It's terrible, I know.

(as you know, it usually appears in the cracks and crevices {ew i hate that word} such as inner elbows, behind your knees, sometimes in your armpits, and on your neck.)

First of all, stay hydrated. When you drink enough water, your skin won't dry out, which is often the main problem of eczema. KEEP YOUR SKIN MOIST, lol.

Secondly, watch what moisturizers, lotions, soaps, and sunscreens you use. I'm allergic to most of everything. Cetaphil facial cream I am not allergic to, but Cetaphil lotion I am. I have to use very specific brands and such.

Third of all, watch what you eat. Sometimes cutting down on food may help out. I personally cannot drink milk because it causes eczema for me.

Fourthly, and this is really helpful, your doctor can prescribe eczema creams. The kind that I have is Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP.1% This stuff is so helpful, it takes away all of the messy eczema rashes in one day.

Fifth, I understand the urge to scratch, I really really do, but try your best to refrain from it. (I'm guilty) If its so difficult, one option is hydro-cortisone, which is an anti-itching cream. Make sure you don't itch it off though lol. Vaseline helps too.

Side note, if you have eczema on your face, be careful how hard you itch because if you irritate the skin too much, it can cause hair to grow in to protect the skin. Facial hair is bleh

Good luck, <3