Swim Briefs and Speedos?

I've been thinking about buying some swim briefs and maybe even a Speedo for an upcoming vacation to the DR but from what I've seen, outside of Europe these swimsuits aren't very popular and they are typically worn by gay men. I'm straight, but I'm not so much concerned with being mistaken as gay as I am wondering if these swimsuits are acceptable. Would it be a good idea to wear either of these or should I leave them at home? As a sidenote, my girlfriend will be there with me wearing some extremely sexy bikinis.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't worry too much about it in the Dominican Republic. The tourist areas of the country will draw people from all over the world- you'll find there will be others in swim briefs on the beaches.