Is it weird to wear a purity ring?

I've personally decided to abstain from sex until marriage but should I get a ring? Will I be an outcast? I'm openly religious but most don't believe me when I say I'm a virgin (not that it comes up in too many conversations)

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• first of all don't listen to the guys saying "Just be you! don't listen to all those other guys! make your own decisions!" cause they're not being honest AT ALL. Tbh when guys find out ur waiting til marriage it's gonna be a turn off no matter what guy your with. they'll still try to fool around with u and ask u if u want to consistently. it doesn't have to be sex but there will always be some sortve sexual exchange. it's completely up to you if you decide you want to and if the guys worth it. If you don't see anything in him just dump him and find another guy.

2|0
    1|0
    • I figured when they would see it they would just give up knowing that I won't have sex with them

Most Helpful Girl

• Some might think it's weird but it's your hand and your finger so wear what you want on it!! Just be careful and make sure any guy you're seeing knows what your boundaries are from the beginning. If he tries to cross your boundaries while knowing full-well what your boundaries are and isn't sorry about it, dump him. Ideally, you should be with a guy who has the same values as you or a guy who loves and respects you enough to not cross your boundaries. You also need to be strong enough to stick your own boundaries. You'll be fine.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• I never even think about the fact that those exist so realistically... it'd mean nothing to me as a guy. I might mistake it for a sign that you're in a relationship, but I wouldn't hear "I'm a virgin" from it. And whether you are or not, you don't need a piece of clothing or an accessory to prove it :) Just my perspective, if it's just an excuse to get a cool ring then by all means go for it ;P

1|0
    0|0
  • Wear what you believe, wear what you do. If you want people to know you're gonna abstain, this is a way to tell them. The choice of sexual activity is a beautiful one that we all have the right to make and embrace

0|1
    0|0
  • Question isn't on what you wear, aiestion is on your mind. This will help you with something? If yes - and this yes means you need to use this ring so use it. If not, dont use. You don't need to explain your choices to no one, if you dont want. From my side, i had to check first on Wikipedia what this ring means, its not comom for me to know about this. So, i mean that maybe a lot of people don't will understand what this ring means for you and anyway you will have to explain your position.

1|0
    0|0
  • purity ring? never heard of it. religion is fake (common sense) but believe what you want i guess, but don't let religion decide what you wear, especially when it's something as small as a ring. unless you live in a place where you would die if you weren't religious

0|0
    1|0
  • It's not like people, especially guys, recognize that stuff. You can wear 20 rings and if you're cure, we would still try to bang.

3|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I think waiting for marriage is just weird and stupid

A purity ring? Lol, is that even real?

2|1
    4|0
  • Many in the secular world will find it weird. I don't; I think it's really freaking sexy. I'm waiting until marriage, and I want a cute sensual woman who thinks the same way.

Many, many men are going to appreciate that 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean unless the ring physically crosses your legs for you then I doesn't really mean or do anything besides just be something you want to talk about to people.

0|0
    1|0
  • Who cares? Do what you want to do! Your life is not someone else's concern! Few people will think less of you for wanting to abstain.

2|0
    0|0
  • you personally decided to not have sex. but thinking of sex is perversion and if you wanna make others believe that you are a virgin better mean it rather than questioning yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • It's weird to wear such a ring. Not to me but only because I don't know how it looks like so I wouldn't realize

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not weird to wear a purity ring i think that's awesome
    that a girl wants to wait to after marriage to have sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • not enjoying yourself while you're single is weird

so yes wearing a ring to boast about that is also weird

0|0
    1|0
  • It is very good to remain a virgin till marriage. And you can wear a purity ring if you want.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't think you can control what people thinking.. so live your life without thinking that what people will think

0|0
    0|0
  • that's good thing. love your virginity... it's your proud.

1|0
    0|0
  • No need for a ring, as that doesn't guarantee anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't have to wear anything, do what you like. If you want to wait till marriage, just do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do as you want. It's your body, your belief and your will

0|0
    0|0
  • not its not.
    whatever float's your boat

0|0
    0|0
  • Interesting 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • been beatin my shit since the 5grade

0|0
    0|1
  • Wear what u want

0|0
    0|0
  • keep it to yourself no1 business

0|0
    0|0
  • get a ring so other people can know up front

0|0
    0|0
  • you don't get a ring you just hold to your beliefs

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only seen one girl wear a purity ring in my life. It's not weird, it just makes your intentions clear and that's a good thing. It seems especially handy to weed out potential boyfriends that may try to hit and quit with you otherwise. Your attitude and sticking to your principals matters more than any ring though, it's just a symbol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Better tell your "crush" this then.. so he knows what he wants to do now

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 15

• Not gonna lie, that sounds like a really dumb thing to do. Who cares if you're a virgin or not? It doesn't make you better than anyone so why wear a ring and be all proud like that?

I'm not saying you can't if you want but it will put off some people. I don't know maybe I'm judging and shouldn't be.πŸ˜•

You do you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol it's useless!
    Why need a ring for that? All my female childhood friends are virgins and waiting for marriage yet none of them wore that ring.
    The ring thing is meaningless, reminds me of when the Jonas Brothers wore themπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's weird to not have sex until marriage. But that's just me.

0|2
    1|0
  • Hell nah' Girl I almost did the same thing. Ignore the guys because they don't understand this kinda shit like we do.

0|0
    0|0
  • If this is what you want why would you care what others think?

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't need a ring for it, but if you like how it looks on you then get it!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that you shouldn't wear a purity ring, it's unstylish and weird. You don't have to let everyone know that you are a virgin

0|0
    0|0
  • I think purity rings are bullshit. But remaining a virgin till marriage is completely cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me too!!! I kinda want the ring myself! I'm a 17 year old virgin too!!

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's something you want to do then sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • no i think it is not weird

0|0
    0|0
  • there is no need to do that unless you want to

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg you question reminded me of the movie American VirginπŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • I like your decision about abstaining. I also am but I don't think you should get a purity ring. You don't have to broadcast it to the world. I would find it a bit weird if people wore purity rings, not because I think it's weird to decide to stay a virgin but because the rings are weird. It also doesn't matter if people don't believe that you're a virgin, it isn't any if their business anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think you should need a ring to prove it to other's... what only matters is if YOU and God know that ur virgin that's it...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes