What do you think of women with scars?

1329

Most Helpful Guy

• They are strong in a way not many can claim. I don't see scars as negatives. I see them as reminders of what a person has been through, and the struggles they've had. If a girl deals with anxiety and depression and has scars physically or mentally because of that... I see it as, they did what it took to survive and preserve their own life.

Obviously I don't want anyone I love hurting themselves. But I'd rather them have a scar than be dead. It's common for people to simply look down on those with scars and to see them as weak for hurting themselves. Or they think that all they want is attention. I see scars as a reminder of what has been overcome and as a sign of strength. I'm not saying I like them. I hate that a person has had to go through things that would make them feel a need to cut... but I love the person enough to realize that they likely survived because of it. (Cutting releases a hormone in the brain which diffuses thoughts brought on by clinical anxiety and depression allowing a person to stop thinking about things like suicide. For those who wondered what I'm talking about).

Most Helpful Girl

• scars tell a story of when u fell down n got ur ass back up. whether the falling down was on purpose or not. point is u healed.
    u got up. u kept going... so u got strength. Scars are beautiful.