Do you have/have you had acne? If so, can you please share your journey of getting clear skin, or some struggles you faced along the way?

I'm 15 and struggling with acne. It makes me very self conscious, so I'd like to hear about other people's struggles with it as well. So I don't feel as alone.

Feel free to share your current struggles, or how you got clear skin. Or anything else you think would help another person dealing with it.

40

Most Helpful Girl

• I've dealt with this for a long time. Tried tons of stuff. Various face washes and topicals, proactiv and proactiv+, even did accutane twice which is supposed to be the last resort and clears everyone but for like 30% of people acne may come back later in life they say, well for me it came back like a year later. Did it again, same thing. Super annoying cuz it's a 6+ month process of pills every day and pregnancy tests every month because of what's in the stuff they legally have to make certain you're not pregnant before the can prescribe it and it's a whole big to do but anyway it didn't keep me clear. Fast forward a couple years of basically giving up and I'm in college and I'm looking around the classrooms and I notice I'm the only person with acne still. I complain about this and my dad sends me to a dermatologist he really liked and she tells me that my acne is most likely hormonal so she puts me on birth control to level my hormones and another pill that kinda like blocks the hormone that causes the acne and tells me to use some topicals too but dude it's frickin gone. I still get a random breakout or two every now and then like around my period but it's SO MUCH BETTER. I'll probably have to be on this stuff the rest of my life but at least I don't have red bumps all over my face anymore