How do I get rid of back acne?

1411

Most Helpful Guy

• get a good back brush,
    have somebody wipe you back with hydrogen peroxide.
    wash hair and head first then back, front, rinse, wash hair 2nd time, lower half, feet last, that's how jock itch starts, (foot to groin washing) wash/rinse out Washcloth, loofa, scrub brush, or pouf.. part of the problem is bacterial, spreading is easy, killing these aren't. hot water rinse , sunlight helps (usually the last thing in a bathroom is a window) and changing these items regularly help, along with a clean tub/shower, bleaching the white towels/washcloths regularly also helps, and washing bedding, pillow cases, changing t-shirts daily, slow down on the sugar and chocolate..
    personal hygiene kinda stuff. try it.

Most Helpful Girl

• (1) Don't touch it. As much as it hurts/itches, the more you touch it, the more it spreads the bacteria (acne is caused by Proprionibacterium acnes, which is a bacteria naturally found beneath your skin).

(2) Wash and exfoliate - try washes high in salicylic acid. Exfoliation gets rid of the dead skin that the bacteria feeds on.

(3) Moisturise - use a non-oily moisturiser like Cetaphil and prevent your skin from drying and hence, lower the amount of dead skin cells.

(4) If nothing else works, go to your doctor and get an antibiotic prescription. Antibiotics have been known to get rid of the bacteria for the long term. You will have to take them for around 6 months to a year. However, this should be a last resort as there are concerns with increasing antibiotic resistance.

Be PATIENT. Acne won't disappear overnight, in a week or even in a few weeks. Be CONSISTENT with your routine and you will see a difference within months. Try everything else before you try antibiotics.