How do I get rid of back acne?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• get a good back brush,
    have somebody wipe you back with hydrogen peroxide.
    wash hair and head first then back, front, rinse, wash hair 2nd time, lower half, feet last, that's how jock itch starts, (foot to groin washing) wash/rinse out Washcloth, loofa, scrub brush, or pouf.. part of the problem is bacterial, spreading is easy, killing these aren't. hot water rinse , sunlight helps (usually the last thing in a bathroom is a window) and changing these items regularly help, along with a clean tub/shower, bleaching the white towels/washcloths regularly also helps, and washing bedding, pillow cases, changing t-shirts daily, slow down on the sugar and chocolate..
    personal hygiene kinda stuff. try it.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• (1) Don't touch it. As much as it hurts/itches, the more you touch it, the more it spreads the bacteria (acne is caused by Proprionibacterium acnes, which is a bacteria naturally found beneath your skin).

(2) Wash and exfoliate - try washes high in salicylic acid. Exfoliation gets rid of the dead skin that the bacteria feeds on.

(3) Moisturise - use a non-oily moisturiser like Cetaphil and prevent your skin from drying and hence, lower the amount of dead skin cells.

(4) If nothing else works, go to your doctor and get an antibiotic prescription. Antibiotics have been known to get rid of the bacteria for the long term. You will have to take them for around 6 months to a year. However, this should be a last resort as there are concerns with increasing antibiotic resistance.

Be PATIENT. Acne won't disappear overnight, in a week or even in a few weeks. Be CONSISTENT with your routine and you will see a difference within months. Try everything else before you try antibiotics.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• I'd say to see a dermatologist. I had bad acne when I was about 15 and it continued on for several years. It would have been worse if I didn't get treatment. This was some time back so treatment options are different now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe drinking more water, eating cleaner foods, daily showering. If that doesn't help much the only other option that I know of is some kind of medication to treat it till it's gone.

3|0
    0|0
  • See a dermatologist, figure out what foods and drinks make you break out more.

0|0
    0|0
  • not sure I dated this girl that had back acne she wanted me to pop her zits yuck

0|0
    0|0
  • see a dermatologist

2|0
    0|0
  • make sure to scrub your back better in the shower

1|2
    0|0
  • You can't.

0|0
    0|2
  • stop taking things with steroids

0|0
    0|0
  • stop the steroids

0|0
    0|1
  • my friend has the same question

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Panoxyl!!! The Panoxyl 10% benzoyl acne wash is amazing. My dermatologist recommended it to me for back and shoulders and it actually really works and is only 10 bucks

1|0
    0|0
    • I may not be the one who asked the question... but thank you! I've been looking for something to deal with mine.

• use black soap online and look into dead sea salt soaps it's good for you skin i break out on my back too sometimes

1|0
    1|0
  • Change diet and bed sheets often, maybe grease is also coming from hair also. Get a acne soap to wash back and cream to treat.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you shower don't use warm water but not really hot.

0|0
    0|0
  • proper hygiene and diet

0|1
    0|0
  • Use Oxy pads.

1|0
    0|0
  • go to doctors office

1|0
    1|0
  • go for a check up

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to see a dermatologist

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the same thing unfortunately. Wash it really well. Use Dove soap. I heard it's the best for acne. I use it and it works wonders. Also, it would be a good idea to see a dermatologist. Best of luck to you :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I suggest visiting the site acne. org and following their advice.

0|0
    0|0
  • coconut oil. put it on your back 3 - 5 times a day (depending how bad it is). it should get rid of it within a week or less cuz it worked for me on my face and back too

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're not already try birth control pills, or talk to your doctor about switching to millinette ones. The causes of acne are hormonal and birth control regulates your hormones. Worked wonders for me :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes