Should I be embarrassed about my clothes when I move in with a room mate for college?

I'm moving into a dorm next month for college and I have a room mate. My kinda secret issue is that I wear this under my clothes every day pretty much from September to April. I'm a cold freak I know. But is this embarrassing? Should I try to hide it from her? Like get changed in the bathroom or something?
Should I be embarrassed about my clothes when I move in with a room mate for college?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, it'd be just fine to change in front of them. Basically you being you is something new to share with your new mate, so I wouldn't worry about this too much. You're sleeping under the same roof after all.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• You roommate isn't going to care about your clothes. It's not like they'll be the one wearing them. Why would your roommate be so concerned with your clothing choice if it doesn't affect them in any way, shape, or form?

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I guess you are right. It's just kinda been a secret of mine since I'm embarrased I do that. I don't think many girls wear a layer under their clothes right? My best friends know just by hanging out with me so long, but for new people I worry about their judgement... I know it's stupid

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• No one whose mature shouldn't judge you for wearing
    what you feel comfortable wearing under your clothes.

0|0
    0|0
  • don't worry about it, be happy! you might just meet your new best friend!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It's a little unusual but not something that would be really embarrassing, in my opinion. I'm sure people would get over it quickly.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the kind words! I know it's stupid but it has always been a secret of mine since I'm embarrassed I do that. Like you said, it's unusual right? Do you think other girls wear a layer under their clothes? My best friends and family know just by hanging out with me so long, but for new people I worry about their judgement...

• Probably not many people wear layers year-round, but I don't think doing something out of the ordinary has to be embarrassing.

Recommended myTakes