Going out in a onesie: Yay or nay?

Do you think it is appropriate to wear a onesie (if you don't know what that is, I attached a picture) in public? Would you wear one?

I was thinking of going to the post office and the grocery store nearby in my onesie. I'm too lazy to change, but I live in an area full of old people who might not appreciate not wearing proper clothes. Going out in a onesie: Yay or nay??
  • Yay! Don't care what other people think.
    Vote A
  • Nay! Wear proper clothes when in public.
    Vote B
  • Only appropriate in some situations. (Explain)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I've done it, I had 3, wore them anywhere without shame! "Yeah, and what?" Fuck what the elderly think, I hate flat caps and badges on coats, I don't make a fuss when I see old people dressed like that

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I only wear it out when I'm walking the dog in the evening or when I'm just going to the grocery store real quick.
    Dont care about the stares lol it's not like you are gonna be talking to these people or even know them...

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• It would definitely draw attention and be abnormal but i think in most situations its appropriate. Still better than what ya see at late night Wal-Mart.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not wear one in a situation where people would be uncomfortable. I have worn one out places and have seen others doing it. Grocery store is ok, restaurant or post office, no.

0|0
    0|0
  • never heard of these but that looks cute. I don't see why you couldn't wear it out in public. It's different but I have seen people wear way worse in public. Go for it girl!

0|0
    0|0
  • To me, fuck the older generations. A bunch of whiny racists, sexist, homophobic assholes

Wear what you want to wear. Your clothes your choice

0|1
    0|1
  • I personally think their cute a f$%&, but I think you'd get looks at the grocery store for wearing your PJs

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol this looks cool. Like my hazmat suit. Also don't give a damn about what anyone thinks.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's up to you me I always go dressed nice cuz that way the 1st impression is good even if I'm not looking for a date

0|0
    0|0
  • That's what you call a warm up suit in America. I wear that all the time. Sure it's okay

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if you don't care how awful they look yeah go right ahead.

0|0
    0|0
  • That particular one, no. Some of them can work tough.

0|0
    0|0
  • looks really funny to me, but if you like it then you should wear it

0|0
    0|0
  • Shit. Well, wear what you want, but…god damn, you will attract some looks. :-D

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend would she loves wearing her Pokemon onesie its a pikachu one

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks completely lazy and like the person doesn't take care of themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • Its ok if you're going for a friend, or walking your dog, but people can be rude so avoid them

0|0
    0|1
  • it's ok, forget what people think... except u don't know what people think

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not. You wouldn't be going out if your gut feelings said don't go

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't wear a onesie in public
    I wouldn't wear a oneies at all
    I dont like them lol

0|0
    0|0
  • don't think that's a good outfit for going shopping. out in your yard ok

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends , I can explain more on our other chat ☺

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• Not caught dead in that in public...

0|0
    0|0
  • if you can take it then wear but personally I do not want to be hated by my neighbors so I wear proper clothes.

0|2
    0|0
  • Go for it lol i wore a Stitch onesie it was really big on me so i was waddling around like a penguin lol got kits of compliments though and a 4 year old wanted to squeeze the nose and tail xD

1|0
    0|0
  • Meh sure I guess, it's just going to the store. They may see it and think it's odd but for the most part i don't think people will care or notice

0|0
    0|0
  • I say go for it, but be wary of stares from the elderly

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as u comfortable and confident to wear it... why not..

0|1
    0|0
  • YaY . as long it's not red and doesn't look like jammies.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why it wouldn't be OK but I personally wouldn't.

0|1
    0|0
    • Add in a Walmart stop and ya would be fine... all kidding and i am above... there's nothing wrong with running errands in your PJs as long as ya dont sleep nekkid

• Yay! Don't care what other people think.

0|2
    0|0
  • Lol, no one in Kuopio cares. Knock yourself out.

0|0
    0|0
  • No one like that

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd wear it

0|0
    0|0
  • never seen someone in this but it looks good

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear it in the garden, or for fancy dress...

0|0
    0|1
  • sure

0|0
    0|0
  • Nay! Wear proper clothes

0|0
    0|0
  • I absolutely love my onesie snowsuit but I'm way too embarrassed to wear it out lol...
    http://i.imgur.com/zTodPnk.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't wear that at home, let alone in public.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes