Advice for split ends, but without cutting hair?

my mom forced me to grow my hair, and little did i know that i had split ends. My friend one day told me that my split ends were HALF of the length of my hair now. Can you suggest anything other thwn cutting it? the photos i uploaded is my hair, im not sure if its clear.Advice for split ends, but without cutting hair??Advice for split ends, but without cutting hair??Advice for split ends, but without cutting hair??

204

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, split ends mean dead hair, no way to revive the dead bit or rub it back together with hair products.

Cut the split ends off and then get it trimmed regularly if you grow it back. Also keep your diet healthy, what you eat is what goes into your hair and it needs nutrients like vitamins, proteins and natural fats not sugars and transfats.

• Thats unfourtunate. What vitamins and proteins specifically, sir?

• B complex, C, E, and A. Omega 3, Zinc, Iron. Also animal proteins are better than plant proteins because of the way they break down in our bodies. (Complete essential amino acids vs amino acids that are insufficient in quantities)

• Makes sense! Thank you very much

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a technique of trimming split ends without losing any hair length. What you do is you twist your hair and with a good pair of scissors you cut off any bits of hair that sticks out or you wrap your hair around your finger and do the same.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMAK89QaB-U
    To maintain being free from split ends, you will have to nourish your hair as much as possible and avoid heat styling for good.