Why girls dye their hair into crazy colors like sky blue, green, purple, etc?

Not trying to offend anyone, but majority of them look like freaks.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I must be of the minority that looked fabulous with purple hair then~

Jk.

Of course everyone has different reasons for why they do it. Some thinks it's fun, and for those kinda people it usually becomes a regular thing they do. Some might want to finally change it up after having the same hair since forever. Some might be doing it to challenge themselves out of their comfort zones. Or maybe for some, they do it simply because it looks nice. The possibilities are endless. And while of course there are those who just follow the trend or copy their fav celebrities, hair color to them is just one of the dozen things they follow along like a sheep anyway.

For me, it was sorta something to tick off that bucket list, something I just wanted to do at least once in my life. Never could do it while I was in school and probably never can do it again when I finally have to work, so I took the chance now that I'm still on a break. And yeah, I didn't want to look like a "freak" and stand out too much, so I went with a very dark purple that only showed under bright lights and otherwise just looked black. I knew purple would look ok on me - wouldn't have done it if I didn't think it would, but it seriously came out looking better than expected, and even my old-fashioned dad who hates even just vivid pink lip colors admitted that it suited me really well. The color sadly only lasted for a few weeks and my hair's now left with this ugly brown, but damn it I had to have my hair bleached for that, so I might as well dye it again and make the most out of it while I can.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • True, looking same all the time is boring, people need some change in their life. But even if we leave out rainbow colors, there are thousands combinations with natural colors, which girls can use to express. Agree on the sheep part xD
      I just didn't get part about leaving your comfort zone, why would someone do that?

Is that you on the picture? I don't know about purple, but you look stunning (not kidding). Based on that, you have better chance to look good regardless the hair color. Very dark purple that varies on the light, I must that's subtle and adds mysterious note, sounds very nice to me.
      And for being old-fashioned, it's no brainer really, what looked nice before, looks nice today. Classy look is timeless.

• Why limit yourself though? If you don't have any rules to conform to and you're gonna do it anyway, then why not go all out?

It's just another way to push yourself, getting over fears of trying something new.

Why thank you. And subtle is what I was going for, yep. Very loud colors can look pretty tacky, especially on my skin tone.

... But I was talking about how my dad liked the purple hair on me despite being old-fashioned. X)

• Well that's deep... Basicly trying to get beyond your limits and getting a new transformation. It's like Goku from Dragon Ball anime, if you get the reference xD
      Based on what you told me, I can say I agree with your dad (I'm old fashioned myself)