How important is beauty and perfection to you?

Personally, I don't have much self confidence because I don't look like the stereotypically "perfect woman" and I have flaws that get me down a lot.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Dont focus on the outside! We all have flaws and perfectionism isn't any acception. I have had some types of perfectionism before. You do not need to fullfill other peoples model.

Pursue the best version of yourself, not the version others want you to be, or the version you think others want you to be.

You have to want to stop torturing yourself and learn to love, beleieve, and support yourself! You have to want to end the war wothin yourself and let go of perfection. No one is perfect and your view of perfection is subjective. Itll just keep going and going to a never ending cycle unless you want to stop doing this.

You can change anything on the outside, but if you dont change anything on the inside, you are the same person. Dont focus on exterior, focus on interior! Your character! Which is always with you! Looks are changed by age! Its natural and you dont have to worry about it! Your character is made by your design! Build your character!

I get that it is hard to not have control, and having faith is what is really needed the whole time. If you let go, you will be restored. You can do this whole thing of life alone, its okay to let go!

Cheers! God Bless!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Nobody is perfect, even celebrities cover their flaws and insecurities. Remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it's important to accept yourself just the way you are and don't be so worry about "beauty" stereotypes that are shown by the media. Love yourself :)

1|0
    0|0
    • I know and I'm definitely trying to. Sometimes I look at myself and feel amazing, other times I just don't 🤷🏻

• Most of men do not look for a "perfect" woman. Do not try to look like it, be yourself, otherwise, you'll be loved by a man that love you for what you are not.

2|1
    0|0
  • Well, beauty is important enough for me, Ion need perfection though since we live in a flawed world, and we expect flawed people.. So, you don't need to feel down about not lookin like somebody that is probably photo shopped, and splashed with makeup.. Most people don;t actually care, and we also find different things beautiful..

0|0
    0|0
  • First of all, nobody is perfect. Second, who are you comparing yourself to?
    There is no perfect woman, everyone has good things and bad things. Work on the bad and enjoy the good.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me beauty is not something, you can measure. Everybody has got a different taste and therefore not every model is beautiful in everbodys eyes. So what does that mean for you? There is somebody who would love to get close to you. I, for example, don't like those girls with tight gaps and long, smooth hair with makeup all over the face. I think it is nothing anybody should go with. It just looks unhealthy and unnatural. But thats my opinion and I think there are millions of people thinking other than those stereotypes.
    As for the perfection: Aren't it those tiny "mistakes" that make people individual? Aren't they the reason we fall in love with that specific person?

2|0
    0|0
    • I completely agree with you. I actually love discovering peoples flaws, it makes them unique and shows who they really are.

• Think I wrote "can measure" of course I meant the opposite 😅

• Don't worry, I got you ☺️

• Very important, but I feel helpless about it since most things I dislike are out of my control.

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all. I literally could care less about beauty and looks

0|0
    0|0
    • What's important to you then?

• Show All
    • Fair enough

• I'm also a little bit order and got all my fun days out of the way

• can't speak for girls, beauty is not really important for girls because guys tend to only like a girl for her looks anyway, but will ignore them anyways because we have our own little bubble to worry about. They're only good for sex basically. There i said it.

Now guys. Guys on the other hand, beauty is everything for a guy. It is what gives us confidence, happiness, attention, motivation, etc. Society is very very shallow but its too dumb to even realize it.

I will tell you, if you are a guy, and you been lifting weights for a good three years, people will see and treat you much much different. They will respect you. They will love you. Girls will want to be you. Guys will be want to be you. If you ever wonder why so many guys lift today more than ever, remember my words. Because when you're a fcking shredded sick kunt, you can have anything bro. Remember that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just want someone to not judge me for my penis

1|0
    0|0
  • Not important

1|0
    0|0
    • Everyone has flaws, why not have self confidence. If someone does not like that is no problem, someone else will for sure.

• Beauty is extremly important to me inside and out.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Beauty is irrelevant. Perfection in unnecessary. Having a good personality is vital.

That is the first thing guys look for when they are looking for a LRT. Guys that go for looks first usually get dumped when the girl finds a better guy.

It is a hard lesson for them to learn. Guys (and girls) will shout me down, down vote me and tell me I am wrong. Oh yeah? I will have the last laugh on them!

0|0
    0|0
    • I totally agree with you on that. They so often go for beauty and get bored when they find there is no personality there.

• Show All
    • I'm definitely working on it, thanks!

• No probs!

• I could care less. We all grow feeble, old and wrinkly so why worry about something that you're going to loose? Beauty isn't everything and it only lasts for a short time. Live in the moment.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's kinda important but I don't really care. I always want to look presentable but down to earth. I don't even wear makeup by the way, I think it leads to more facial problems, and then you have to start depending on it to look 'more beautiful'.

1|0
    0|0
  • think it's 50/50 for me when we talk about a potential love partner. but when we talk about friendship: 0.00000 percent.

1|1
    0|0
  • Quite important but only when it's in regards to me. With other people I don't care as long as they have a healthy look to them

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont care both you know?, but I just heard that all guy come to flirt me said the same thing to me in a few years that "Im rare item"

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a perfectionist as far as my looks go.

1|0
    0|0
  • is very important to everyone i know

1|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on what you feel!

0|0
    0|0
  • It's important but not the end all be all. Sometimes i feel I'm too critical

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel the same way girl. I have lots of imperfections that get me down. What helps me, is taking care of myself and being unique. I've seen some of the ugliest women have confidence and that makes them more attractive. Men love confidence. Just be you and be unique. You can't be replaced. keep telling yourself that life is too short to care and even tho u feel down on yourself, there's always gonna be someone who wishes they were you!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes