Would you let your 13 year old get her navel pierced?

ermm i'm 13, 14 in a month. i've wanted my belly button pierced for so long since i was like 12 or something and have been asking my mum to et it done. recently lots of my friends have had theirs pierced and i felt jealous. i told my mum, had discussions about it. i had said i'd pay for it and clean it and could get it done as an early birthday present so it has time to heal as it's summer holidays. she finally let me get it done and it hurt like 5/10. just wanted to know if you'd let your 13 year old daughter get hers done. fyi- i didn't want it done just because my friends got it done and i certainly didn't get it for sexual attention as i'm only 13/14.

• yes
    Vote A
  • no
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't have a 13 year old daughter, but in all honestly, I could see myself telling her to wait.

Nothing against pierced navels at all, my gal had hers done early on in our relationship, but some things can wait.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I want to get my nose pierced and my parents say when I'm 18 I can and I do want my belly pierced too. Just know that if ur mom says no it's okay cuz u might change ur mind about it like I've wanted my nose pierced since I was 7 and my belly was when I first got my first bikini. I still want both but I'm willing to wait and I'm going to want them then too. Just know that getting a belly piercing at 14 is just too young and Ik it's hard seeing ur friends get it Ik the feeling one of my friends got a lip piercing and I was so jealous that her mom said yes but at the end of the day I have so much more to look forward to when I'm 18 also itll be my choose and my parents won't be the ones signing the papers and that's what's making me be sorta okay with it.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• She could get it once she was old enough, which would be 15 I think in my country, but until then I'd not let her.

1|0
    0|0
  • nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would let her get it at 16. Not 13 though

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont see why not. its perfectly harmless

0|0
    0|0
    • Unless it get caught on something and gets ripped out. That's fucking painful

What Girls Said 6

• My mum would never let me get 2 piercings. my lip and my bellybutton~ it took me 10 years to get them both done after I originally wanted them! :P

Strangely though she was ok with me have 3 sets of lobe piercings and a nose piercing by the age of 12 and 2 ear cartlidge and a rook piercing by when I was 16!

I would probably say I'd let a girl have a belly button piercing at maybe 14 or 15.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a little too young in my opinion. I'd tell my daughter to wait a few years. I didn't get mine pierced until I was 18.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not if she wanted that for a long time, is now sure about it and knows about the risks?

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll regret it one day

1|0
    0|0
  • too early for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely no. Way too young.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes