Girls, Can you give me some general make-up tips please?

I'm trying to improve on my make-up skills, do you have any tips or bits of advice for me?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• don't do light shade - dark shade. by that i mean if you have really pale skin (like myself), don't go and blacken your eyes or darken your eyes so much that it looks gothic nearly, unless that's the look you're going for then go ahead. try to stick with shades that go with your skin colour so it looks more consistent on your face. if you have pale/fair skin, try lighter colours. if you have tan/darker skin, try more "bolder" colours cuz they'll stand out in a good way. another thing i'll add is that don't mound a ton of products on your face (especially skin ones like foundation, concealer, primer, bronzer, highlighter, contour, etc) cuz it'll end up looking cakey and like you're wearing a bag mask which isn't a pleasant look to have with makeup

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• I can tell you how to do theater make up if you wanna be seen from 200 feet away 😂😂

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm trying to learn how to apply make-up too :3

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Blending is necessary. If you're using eyeshadow you need good blending brushes. They don't have to be expensive. Brands like elf and wet n wild have great brushed for like a dollar or two each. Make sure to also blend your foundation onto your neck, make it seamless. Make sure it also matches your skin tone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tinted moisturizer. It's my lifesaver.

Also, I find that your eyebrows really make a ton of difference. I get mine waxed every 3 weeks, and then I color them in most days. It makes me look way more polished and put together.

1|0
    0|0
  • Make sure your foundation actually matches your skin.

1|0
    0|0
  • Use a primer, foundation, eyebrow stuff, mascara, bronzer

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes