Why do most people degrade fashion and beauty stuff? Its nothing immoral.. Then why?

I've seen most people trolling others who are more fashion oriented.. I, being a part of it, feel that it's extremely offensive to be judged and being called shallow and materialistic just coz we give fashion and beauty and presenting yourself priority.. I don't see anything wrong with it.. So why is today's society so against it? Why do most people degrade fashion and beauty stuff? Its nothing immoral.. Then why??

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Is society against it? What evidence do you have of this?

I doubt anyone out there thinks that ALL people who are fashion and beauty orientated are also shallow and materialistic but I suspect that most of us believe there is some kind of correlation.

You don't get to dictate to other people how to judge you, people can judge others how they see fit, even if it makes you feel bad. That goes both ways, you can judge other people how you see fit and associate yourself with whoever you please.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not care what other people do with their own lives as long as they do not force me to do what they do.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• No idea really, I've always thought people who took the time on their appearances at least understood that they are showing other people their standards.

It's like seeing a really buff gym dude and that tells me, that guy has a some kind of vigilance towards his physical wellbeing. For people who deals with fashion, it tells me that they like to be visually pleasing and express themselves in some way or form.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because people want to be controversial for attention

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't heard many people calling fashion immoral, but fashion exists to artificially make people buy more clothes than they need. If people spent some of the money they spend on presenting themselves to help those that are in less fortunate situations (e. g. people in war zones who can't even think about getting a new dress), they could save a lot of human lives. In the end, it's your money and you can spend it however you want, but people should think more about how many people they could have saved if they did not buy something they did not need.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes