Professional hairdressers: Is it true that box dye is the worst dye you could use on your hair? If so - why?

32

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 2

• Too much chemicals. Here people mostly use heena/mehendi

• Henna is pretty bad for hair - professional hair stylists say it's even worse than boxed dye because of the ingredients - although organic, more harmful to the hair.

• I did. With many hairstylists... They say once you dye it with henna... it's over. You can never get rid of that color, you can only let it grow out.

• Hahaha...

• Thought there was to much bleach in it which pretty much kills your hair. That s what a hairdresser told me if I remember it correctly

What Girls Said 2

• My mom has used box dyes all her life and she has the most softest, shiniest hair ever. I think it really depends on the person's hair type and what type of dye it is.

• I think they are better then what they use at hair dressers