Who can solve my "hairdo crisis" ?

Hi ! I'm having a problem with my hair nowadays. For years I wanted straight hair and bangs just like the girls I looked up to. I went to the hairdresser and it took me some haircuts to find out the perfect type of bangs for my face. Eventually I had side-swept bangs. Because my hair was naturally wavy, I set my alarm early each and every day to straighten it. But that was high school, today I already have my bachelor's degree and things have changed. During those years in college, I noticed I didn't really want to staighten it that often anymore. I wanted long, healthy hair. I stopped straightening and blowdrying it. I also started hating my bangs. During that time, my hair grew a little, got healthier but as it was superthin, it naturally became straighter and it eventually stopped growing. The only thing I wanted was an easy hairstyle that would require the least amount of work to look amazing. But well... At this very moment, my bangs are non-existent, swept to the sides and on the top of my head I have no volume whatsoever. From below, I have A LOT of volume and that's weird. I feel unhappy because I've been to the hairdresser just one week ago. I was SO happy about the result, but I was so wrong.. I've washed it two times since I went to the hairdresser and it looks like a disaster now. I followed the tips he gave me but now my hairstyle just looks awkward. The amount of time I put into it just to look "okay" is way too long and it can't even handle the weather. The funny thing is, when I was at my hairdresser, I asked him if I should have bangs again. He told me that that was a bad idea but tbh, I had less work with the bangs than I'm having now.
I feel like such a crybaby to talk about this but I'm just a girl who wants to do the bare minimum and have beautiful hair. I'm not looking for any tips and products to use, I won't try/use them anyway.
Should I go back to the hairdresser and ask for another haircut, ask him to fix the old, go to another one, ... ?

12