How many of you are natural or part of the natural hair community (Black hair)?

So last year I decided to go natural and stop perming my hair mainly cause it was so expensive and not good for my hair in general. So thanks to the natural hair community on you tube, I ended up cutting it off, I had no idea I had such pretty curly fro-ish type of hair! I'm very happy and feel blessed with the hair that God has chosen to give me and so far it's hasn't been that difficult to maintain it that a lot people make natural hair out to be. Just keep moisturize it and keep it tangle free is all you really have to do for it, after that just let it go.. no heat, no protective styling, braids, or wigs. So how many of you are natural or deciding to go natural and how has your journey been? Picture showing your progress is cool as well. PS. I'm going to show my face cause hello you need to see my head to see my hair so if you think I'm ugly I can't help you, just to be rude about how my face looks. Anyway this is how long my hair is now since I cut back in July, hoping to make bra length someday if its possible.

187

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a black American and I am all for the natural hair movement. People are starting to break the chains of mental slavery, and not be captive to the "white standard".

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it a lot and your very pretty. Anyone who says otherwise is a douchebag. I sort of have a thing for ethnic girls and would love to run my fingers through it with one hand while gently stroking your neck with the other (I like girls by the way in case that wasn't obvious)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • girl you definitely made it obvious lol But thank you for the lovely compliment.

• Your welcome hun. And sorry if that made you feel uncomfortable if I'm not what you're into. I just wanted you to know how beautiful you are.