How many of you are natural or part of the natural hair community (Black hair)?

So last year I decided to go natural and stop perming my hair mainly cause it was so expensive and not good for my hair in general. So thanks to the natural hair community on you tube, I ended up cutting it off, I had no idea I had such pretty curly fro-ish type of hair! I'm very happy and feel blessed with the hair that God has chosen to give me and so far it's hasn't been that difficult to maintain it that a lot people make natural hair out to be. Just keep moisturize it and keep it tangle free is all you really have to do for it, after that just let it go.. no heat, no protective styling, braids, or wigs. So how many of you are natural or deciding to go natural and how has your journey been? Picture showing your progress is cool as well. PS. I'm going to show my face cause hello you need to see my head to see my hair so if you think I'm ugly I can't help you, just to be rude about how my face looks. Anyway this is how long my hair is now since I cut back in July, hoping to make bra length someday if its possible.

4|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a black American and I am all for the natural hair movement. People are starting to break the chains of mental slavery, and not be captive to the "white standard".

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I like it a lot and your very pretty. Anyone who says otherwise is a douchebag. I sort of have a thing for ethnic girls and would love to run my fingers through it with one hand while gently stroking your neck with the other (I like girls by the way in case that wasn't obvious)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • girl you definitely made it obvious lol But thank you for the lovely compliment.

• Your welcome hun. And sorry if that made you feel uncomfortable if I'm not what you're into. I just wanted you to know how beautiful you are.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Perm ruins people hair. Just it let grow then comb it straight down with a hot iron. It will look really nice.

1|0
    1|1
  • Nice
    I Never Did Anything To My Hair

Now I'm Considering Maybe Some Layering Or I don't know Wanna Try Something Out

1|0
    0|0
  • I keep my hair natural just because it's easier for me. I'll grow it out and once it starts to cover my vision then I'll get it cut.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are beautiful. Stay natural.

5|0
    0|0
  • That's pretty cool

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not black

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• Your hair is so pretty! Lucky girl 😊
    I stopped dying mine two years ago, and just get it trimmed every few months now. If my parents hair is anything to go on I'm going to get a lot of greys as I get older, but have like 5 now so I'll enjoy my natural colour until I get too many

3|0
    0|0
  • I'm not but your hair is beautiful!!

I have curly hair 3b/3c and sometimes it frustrates me so much, really admire how natural women take care of their hair

I have always hated my hair until this year, though I never straightened it as I was lazy haha

1|0
    0|0
  • I love your hair!! My hair has always been natural my mom never let me dye it and i learned to love it. People are always complimenting it the best part is when we get older we will still have thick healthy hair but those who die it are likely to have thin dead hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always been natural no perm. But i did wear weave a lot when i was younger. Not so much now tho...
    i dont put nothing on my hair besides water and hair lotion. can't download pics right now

2|0
    0|0
  • I actually went natural a few years ago but then i found that i didn't have the time or skill to maintain it so out of frustration i started relaxing again. I'd say if you have lots of patience definitely stick with it as being natural is always the healthier alternative...

0|0
    0|0
  • Aw you're so pretty :) It really suits you. A friend of mine from PNG has a very similar style to yours atm. I'm a natural hair girl, always have been, but that's largely because I'm not super girly & I either don't care or don't know how to do all the extra stuff. I've had streaks in my hair once but I've just been happy being me. Sometime soon I'm going to get underlights, nothing too crazy though. But I used to do a lot of heat styling (I had super thick, long curly hair so it took forever!) & heard about letting it dry naturally when I do I get long thick ringlets down my back & my waves on my head. So there can be a lot of benefits for going natural.

0|0
    0|0
  • Me, me, me I love your hair girl. It looks like mine so I keep it plaited to stretch it and I stay away from heat unless I need to dry asap to go out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I stopped treating my hair since 2015 but I started to learn how to take care of it this year so ig this year technically? Your hair is really pretty by the way!

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never done anything to my hair even though I wanted straight hair when I was younger so when I took braids out it would be wavy (I know). Just an idea for any of you who may have kids like me, my mom and my aunt agreed to "straighten" my hair. Instead of using a flat iron they brushed it out with a hairdryer. The result was a poofy mess and I cried cuz I wanted my old hair back. Did they lie? Tbh I'm not sure if they actually didn't use a flat iron on purpose or not (they're white). But it forced me to accept and later love my hair. Years later I did ACTUALLY straighten it an I think it's gorgeous like that too. Due to time and convenience though it's an extremely rare thing.

2|0
    0|0
  • My hairs natural and has been my whole life. I used to straighten my hair a lot more but since entering nursing I just can't be bothered as it then has to be tied up. Usually putting a nice crease in my hair.
    My hair used to be wait length but at 19 I decided to cut it and experiment with colours. Now every couple of years I cut it to Bob length to change it up a bit.
    Your a beautiful woman so no negative comments needed. Honestly your doing a fantastic job and it seems like you know what works for your hair. That's the key to hair growth. Look lots of people on YouTube will tell you use x, y and z and your guaranteed hair growth umm no! They don't know your genetic make up. They can guide you but it's not a staple. Healthy eating, positive and a happy mind and moisture is what's essential. I wish you the best of luck... :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 3 years natural now actually. Let me tell you... transitioning was hard as hell. It took me two tries to actually get it right though since I didn't have positive support about it at first. But the second time, I kept in protective styles to help grow it out. However I got impatient after I seen the curls I had grown and cut the rest of the permed hair off lol. I pretty much got my tips from YouTube and took off with it. I love being natural so far, and I plan to remain being natural. I hope your journey goes well boo and your hair is beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • My hair is naturally black and I've never coloured them 💁

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been natural all my life.

3|1
    0|0
    • Nice, I wish I was natural all my life but I started with perms since I was a kid.

• My mom would never allow me to have a perm. My aunt had a perm. She's been growing her hair out for 4 years now and it's down her back almost to her butt

• thats cool, I want to get it long like the glamourtwins.

• You're beautiful! I'm natural too. I've been that way for about a year, my husband loves it.

0|0
    0|0
  • that haircut makes you look like a guy

0|1
    9|1
    • No she doesn't , you must be on crack. Plus she is way prettier than you.

• Show All
    • sorry crissy not aim at you, i hate how the reply button does that.

• Wow, really?

• Looks cute!

0|0
    0|0
  • Natural.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes