How painful is getting a tattoo?

I really want to get one and have been thinking about it for over 2 years now but I'm very sensitive to pain. I can barely get a shot from a doctor without flinching (I've even cried before when I was younger LOL) so I don't know if I'll be able to withstand the pain. My parents would also kill me if they saw it so i have to get it in a hidden place and so far the ribcage is the only area I can think of where they won't see it, but that supposedly is even more painful...

1113

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen a dude whose shoulder was raw and tender for a week, putting ointment on it.

But it is even worse trying to remove the tattoo as some people in their 40's regret getting a tattoo they put on in their 20's.

So if you get a tattoo,, make sure it is one you'd want to keep in your 80's,,, if you can visualize your grandma wearing the same tattoo in her 70's and 80's,, then you probably will like it, if not, don't get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't do it. Look at all these women covered in tattoos and then picture yourself walking around that way. There's a reason you're ashamed to do it in front of your parents

• i'm definitely not ashamed. I just would never want them to find out as I know it would hurt them since they are very religious and old fashioned. I myself see nothing wrong with a tattoo