Girls, tips for walking in high heels the whole day?

I have to wear high heels for my work, cause other wise I would be to small for a few things that I need to do
Its not much 7cm, but still after a few hours I do feel them and the worst for me is to walk 30min home at the end of the day.
I'm literally dying!

So any tips maybe?
Updates:
Thanks a lot! I try to take an extra pair of shoes with me, yesterday I forgot them but they are always beside my back now
And I will try out some other stuff you all told me, thanks!!!

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just... WORK IT GUURL!.. LOL.. But, maybe, practice, and use certain pads for heels.. I know I shouldn't be answering this since I'mma guy who doesn't wear high heels..

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Buy with a thicker heel and check that the inner soles are padded. Get someone to fit you, as properly fitted shoes mean your feet aren't squished but also aren't sliding around clenching your toes to keep them on.
    If you have a fair way to walk to/from work I carry a pair of flats and change, but through the day don't take your heels off at all. If your feet hurt taking off your shoes makes them swell up, and putting them back on is harder

2|0
    0|0
    • After your calluses build up it won't hurt as much πŸ˜› Gel inserts for the balls of your feet also really help if you're struggling

• Good to know haha! Thank you!

• Thanks for MHO 😊

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Could you bring a second pair with you? Something more comfortable for walking to and from work.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe leave the heels at work and wear flats to and from work. Throughout the day though i got nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • you need more practice, I know lots of chicks that wear 5 inch heels everyday without fail. chicks look hot in heels - no pain no gain!

0|0
    1|1
  • You don't need high heels to look good. Just wear what makes you comfortable and happy.

0|0
    0|1
  • Are you able to ask your workplace to provide a stall that you are able to use?

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh yeah we already talked about that, but the big Boss don't want us to walk around with one and I need the money right now, so I'm searching for something else but until that I need to do this

• I see, sorry.

The only other thing o can suggest is carry your high heels in a backpack for the journey to and from home.

• Thanks 😊

• lol this question not pertains to me because I wear flat shoes

0|0
    0|0
  • *its not much 7cm*

Are you frickin kidding me?

1|0
    0|0
  • Can you walk on wooden floor in eight inches heels?

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes I can

• Oh sorry I forgot to tell you that there will be some oil on floor and eggs. Can you still walk without falling?

• Hey what about my challenge? Can you balance in eight inches heels 😊 I love heels challenge

• Noone HAS to do anything..

If you can't reach something, ask someone

0|0
    0|0
    • Not in this case, I have to do it on my own, I can't let others do my work

• Show All
    • I know and I do always ask but I can't ask at my workplace

• Of course you can. If you can't, something's wrong with your place of work

What Girls Said 17

• lots of gel cushions and insoles

carry your heels with you in a cute bag designated for that purpose. put the heels on when you get to the office. take the heels off when you leave. wear ballet flats during your commute.

when i go out i always carry a pair of lightweight ballet flats.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe bring flats or something comfy for you to alternate and switch off on. Whenever I work or go hang with my girls, I always bring an extra pair of comfortable sandals. It helps my feet so much!

Wear those sock lines for heels. They really help the tension around the toe area.

1|0
    0|0
  • Jackie Aina made a video about "how to walk in heels" but then she went on to shed light on so many different hacks like choosing certain heels for different occasions, which types of heels can give more support and little tricks to rest your feet and legs while standing in heels for a longer time. I'll link the video. Bring a comfy change of shoes for the walk home.

https://youtu.be/D-K9QitLInc

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd suggest maybe getting either a thicker heel or wedges.
    Get an orthopedic insole.
    Change into running trainer for journey home and watch your posture there's a tendency to slouch as the day goes on. Your lower back will thank you for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tape the second and third tow together. Weird i know. But it takes pressure off of the other areas of your feet.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe buy a cute pair of flats to wear to walk home in. If your bag is bug enough they can fit in there. Or maybe get some inserts for inside the shoes to help with comfort. I also find the type of heel can make a difference too.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any. But I would say it's best to practice. When I was a bit girly in my teens I would walk with them all days. The thicker the heel the easier it is or at least for me. I really love LV. My dream pair.(-;

0|1
    0|0
  • bring extra pair of shoes, running shoes. and extra clothes to match your shoes. You don't wanna be wearing LBD with pumas on. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Tape your third and fourth toes together. For some reason it helps.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1) Find a pair of heels with a comfort sole or buy one that you can insert in your heels

2) Apparently taping together your third and fourth toe on each foot works too... worth a try?

www.google.co.uk/.../high-heel-pain-taping-toes-together

3) REMEMBER to take comfortable shoes... flats or trainers, so you can change from and to them when doing that 30mins walk... because trust me that first half hour walk will reduce your tolerance time, and it probably will take you longer than average to walk if you wear the heels.

1|0
    0|0
  • Get those gel inserts that you put in your shoes, they're supposed to really help! 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • Pay a bit extra for your shoes. Get good ones and they will hurt less.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't do that haha
    I hate heels
    Use those special socks
    Or put vaseline
    Bring slippers with you and wear it on your way to work and bck

1|0
    0|0
  • Try getting ones that are shorter, or wedges. Gradually build yourself up

1|0
    0|0
  • Bring another pair of shoes in your purse for the walk.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take them off on the way home

1|0
    0|0
  • don't πŸ˜‚

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes