What do you really think of plastic surgery?

It seems like people like it, by the percentage of women who are considered most beautiful who have it.

• I like it and want to get some
  • I hate it and don't want to get any
  • I like it, but I don't want any
    Vote C

2724

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it should be illegal for individuals over 18 years old when it comes to non-medical [not needed] cosmetic surgeries, but it shouldn't be recommended or glorified by the medias. I thinks people should be better at telling others surgeries like that isn't necessary and it's too many risks with it. With cosmetic surgeries it's risks of complications, being unsatisfied with the results where they regrets it and it's very expensive. In addition many surgeons and resources are used on healthy people who wants to look better when injured, sick and deformed people could be prioritized better. I thinks people should be allowed some freedom and therefor banning cosmetic surgeries completely isn't the way to go although it's very much cons with it.

What Guys Said 23

• Plastic surgery are for the fakes.

• I prefer staying neutral in this debate thingy. Changing your looks a lot like in the picture is wrong. Being loved by others by because of your looks is kind of dark. But if you want to fix your nose for example because its been broken and looks crooked than its perfectly fine

• In the context of a relationship, I don't really care how much plastic surgery my partner has or hasn't had, as long as I currently find her attractive.

As for myself: I would never get enough work done to rearrange my entire face; however, if I could afford it, I'd love to get a few enhancements.

• Let me answer this for all men.

Pretty much ALL guys have absolutely NO RESPECT for women who have surgery done, however if a girl just wanted something like a nose straightened then it wouldn't be a big deal.

NO guy likes those fake lip and fat assed chicks. 95% of the time it's WOMEN and hollywood that is trying to motivate the fad. The other 5% are guys who are just like "Yeah, she's hot, whatever" then they look at 200 other pics of women and all of them are hot.

Surgery is a marketed fad for PROFIT by hollywood. The only reason you are mentioning it is because you have been pushed by all of those stupid tv shows and what not.

• I support it in theory, but I would want the technology to improve a bit before I would consider having anything done.

• It's just not gonna make you a model honey. In fact, you can pretty much figure it's not really going to change anything - just whatever they cut on.

Reminds me of the quip, "Everywhere you go there you are." You simply cannot escape yourself. :)

• if people want to do it electively obviously that is their choice but i prefer more natural beauty

in terms of those getting it due to some medical need (like breast implants for someone who had cancer and a mastectomy) i'm 100% fine with it

for me personally i can't ever see myself getting plastic surgery

• No problem with it in general. Not everyone is a winner with what mother nature gave them. Some people are extremely ugly, or disadvantaged physically speaking. Plastic surgery seeks to correct it.

• So long as I'm a spectator, everything's fine. Definitely don't plan on getting any of that done to me.

• I think plastic surgeons can be miracle workers if they know what they're doing, but like everything, a little incompetence goes a long way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYPtmFZqKC0

• I will get hair transplant, because I am balding and I have weird shape of head. For some people it's neceseruu

• It depends on the type and intended result In this case it had really good results her lips are big but not too big often times plastic surgery is sexy

• I trew up a bit

• I hate it and don't want to get any. I find it a turn off.

• Getting bloody sick of all these women with puffed up fake lips and tattooed eyebrows. They all look the same. There is no originality whatsoever. After you looked at one fake numskull instagram model you've seem them all.

Same lips, same clothes, same eyebrows, same poses... all morons.

• Degrading.

• What do I think? REAL LIFE BARBIE DOLLS! :D lol... -_-

• It's your life

• It's wrong when you don't need it because that's just saying you don't love yourself

• I think it's cheating

• I do t think anyone should get it unless it's necessary

• Stupid your stealing a operating room from some one with a real problem because you want bigger tits that's retarded if your need some after a car crash or somthing that's different but for purely cosmetic reasons it's stupid

• Cosmetic surgery isn't done in emergency-ready medical facilities. (In fact, if a cosmetic surgery patient had some sort of potentially life-threatening reaction to the procedure, she/he would have to be transferred to a hospital.)

• @redeyemindtricks, Although it's done by a private staff working on a private hospital it's still taking away surgeons. If the cosmetic surgery industry wasn't so big more surgeons would take the job as a surgeon who fixes injured and deformed people instead of choosing healthy people who wants to look better. Some people believes they earns better as a cosmetic surgeon in the cosmetic industry than a plastic surgeon on a hospital for the injured making them choose that pathway.

• @curiousnorway Most plastic surgeons have training and experience in reconstructive surgery.
      Some are just drawn to higher levels of art and aesthetics.

That argument is... worrisome, because you could argue for eliminating the higher echelons of ANY art with the same logic.
      like... oh those asshole architects, designing museums and symphony halls and shit. Don't they know that school buildings need to be built in the third world?
      Etc etc.

More generally, were touching on the reason why communism didn't work, and won't ever.

What Girls Said 27

• People, maybe especially women, are judged very harshly for their looks. So I can't blame them for having insecurities and wanting to make improvements. I have some pretty big insecurities, but I'd probably never choose surgery unless I was in an accident or something. But that's just me. I can understand why some people choose it.

• If it's something small like a nose fix, breast reduction (for back pains) or any beneficial help for health then I don't mind.
    I just really dislike over done plastic surgery like the big plastic breasts or extreme butt surgeries. I never ever liked how fake breasts would seem like they're floating all the time. I would also like to mention the Korean actresses that do plastic surgery, I don't like that either. Yeah, they do look nice, but they look too plastic and forgettable. Since most Korean actresses look the same, I think it would be better if they looked different if they were NATURAL. I would never do plastic surgery unless I was in an accident or something.

• I think it's just a way of life for some people. As long as you're not hurting anybody I think you can do whatever the hell you like.

I'd probably get dental cosmetics if I were to get any but if I had the money I wouldn't turn down a quick lipo treatment every now and again. Beauty is relative, if you don't feel good about something like your hair or your personality you change it so why not your outwards appearance too?

I think it's an awesome tool, should be used with caution

• I don't care what other people do, but I'm content with my looks, insecurities and everything, so I wouldn't consider it and I wouldn't date someone who had had it done, bc it's fake to me.

• You are a pretty girl. Bet you have won hearts simply by a glance in the eyes. Its not easy to put yourself in the position of someone who gets the remarks of called being ugly. It hurts and it is not easy to deal with.

• @Yayeet ohhh... well... it's a dolphin! And she's prettier than yours xD

• Lol nice try boo :*

• It's none of my business what other people want to do with their body. I've thought about what I'd get done if I could, but more often than not I just come to the conclusion that it's not worth the hassle and the money. I'm happy with the way I look.
    But I realize that many people are very unhappy with how they look and do these things to feel better. And this might be an unpopular opinion, but I think that's ok. Everyone loves the hippie mindset of being yourself, accepting yourself, loving yourself etc, regardless of what you look like. And that's all fine and dandy, but I do think that people should be allowed to physically change themselves too, and not just work on their mentality. Of course self-acceptance and all those things are important as well, but the road towards self-acceptance can be a lifelong one. You might never actually fully accept yourself no matter how hard you try to work on it.
    I think life is too short to be unhappy with yourself. If you're unhappy about something concerning your looks, you should change it. Dye your hair or get it cut. Get a piercing. Get a perm. Get fuller lips. At the end of the day, as long as it's not done in excessive amounts, it's not hurting or affecting anybody. The only person it truly affects is the person who gets it done.

• Not to mention that common cosmetic surgeries, such as getting lip fillers or wrinkle fillers (or whatever the heck they're called), are done with materials that deteriorate over time. So it's not a permanent fix.

• I understand if it was medical reasons. Not like I'm a expert on who has it for personal reasons to bash them nor am i the judge since i am human but i do try to be accepting 😟

• They do look more beautiful after surgery. If someone wants to go through painful surgery to change their appearance then that's their prerogative , but personally i wouldn't go under the knife. I make the most of how i do look. I eat a well balanced healthy diet, and i exercise regularly to maintain my shape and weight , but that's as far as i'd go.

• I'm cool with it if it is for health reasons but I hate the idea of doing it just because you're not happy with the way you look.
    The problem I have with plastic surgery is that people tend to do it because they want to look good in society's eyes, some people act like puppets, they just want to do what magazines tell 'em to do.
    To all those people that say it can help to increase your self esteem and things like that I think thats BS, self love doesn't come with you having bigger lips or bigger boobs, it is way more than. caging yourself into what people want form you doesn't bring happiness.
    we all have features that go with our faces/bodies, modifying something just makes you look weird and fake. the body is something so precious, we shouldn't do all this nasty stuff to it.

• I would never do it because I think we should embrace our natural beauty but I wouldn't judge someone else who got it because it's their body and they can do what they want

• It's a personal choice. I don't think I'd do it, but I don't care if others do. As long as they're doing it for themselves.

• That's it's a waste of money.

• I have had plastic surgery. I had a BA done 3 years ago. I made the decision to have it done because it was something I wanted to do for me. I don't nor will I ever regret the decision. I understand people have different opinions about it but for me I don't see it any different than people that get braces to fix their teeth or wear heavy makeup to cover up their flaws.

• I don't necessarily like it nor do I hate it. I dislike it because I feel like it ruins your body and I couldn't see myself signing up for it but some results have been pretty stunning but nah I'm good

• Unless it is a life or death situation, I don't think it's needed. Everyone's beautiful in their own way

• If ur ugly you need it

• I don't hate it. I don't care too much about it. Do what you wanna do, just be sure about it and why you want it.

• I think if it helps them feel better about themselves because they're too weak-willed to do anything enlightening and so turn to the physical to get approval, let them do what they want. Plus, it's their money.

Beauty standards change every decade anyway. They might have to reverse their balloon lips to pencil-thin ones and remove their butt implants when flat is in again. lmao

• As long as it doesn't look too fake or change the looks drastically I guess it's fine. Some corrections are understandable - like nose, some have to have it fix to make breathing easier. Lips are the worst, they almost always look bad and fake.

• Anything is possible with enough money. You can even become president

• If a friend does it I would not hate, I would just do nothing.

• If you need it after an accident or to help with scars then, by all means, go get it. I do not see the charm in it otherwise.

• I wish I had money to get it to fix my ugly face

• I wouldn't get it, but I don't mind it. You do you. If you feel some part of your body is making you feel bad about yourself and it's not something you can get past, do it! It's really just your choice.

• I don't like it when it os too much

• Nope. #Naturalbeauty all the way!

• I don't hate it, but I wouldn't get it. I am fine with what I have

• I'm beautiful