What's your overall opinion of blonde hair?

This might seem like a bit of an odd or random question, but this topic has recently come up in a few conversations I've had with friends. Blonde hair overall.. be it natural or dyed etc.. what do you think of it? I don't want to say too much in the details about what specifically drove me to ask this question, not yet, I'm just curious about your overall opinion.

Is it appealing or unappealing?

Does someone being blonde work in their favor or not in society?

Does the blonde in someone's hair make them more/less attractive to you?

Is it a big deal if it's a natural blonde or a dyed?

Some questions to jog your mind~
Take this wherever your mind goes when you see someone with blonde hair.

Updates:
How's about blonde hair as a general or in whole?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, I have blonde hair. I thought it would be necessary to mention that.

I like my blonde hair, because I feel it's a staple of who I am. However, in the context of potential romantic partners, I have a strong preference for brunettes. Having blonde hair isn't unattractive, it's just that it pales in comparison to brown hair (quite literally). The contrast between brown hair and a girl's skin really catches my eye, and having noticed that, blonde hair in comparison makes people's faces look washed out to me.

However, I am in the minority on this one. It's practically universally accepted that the majority of men prefer blonde hair, albeit a slight majority. In my experience, no matter how much the sample changes, it's always been about 60/40 in favor of blondes. Which leads me to your next question...

"Does someone being blonde work in their favor or not in society?" - For females, it indirectly does. Having blonde hair makes a girl more attractive to a majority of guys, and it's a well-known fact that attractive people have an advantage in quite literally every aspect of society. It's not necessarily the same for guys, however. In fact, it may very well put them at a disadvantage, because as it seems, the majority of women prefer dark hair in men. Apparently it's considered more "masculine"--as if a hair color can be inherently "masculine" or feminine", but I digress. And it's not just a slight majority as is the case with men, but rather a vast majority. In addition to being on average less appealing to the opposite gender, it seems that people of both genders attribute delinquency to men with blonde hair. I speak from personal experience. However, there is an uncontrolled factor in my case, because being presumed a slacker may have more to do with the length of my hair than the color of it, so take it as you will.

As for natural vs dyed hair, men don't care as long as they can't tell the difference. Obviously, it isn't attractive if it's obvious that it's fake. However, if you did a good job dying it, they aren't gonna care. That goes for just about everything, not just hair color.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Overall, I find light hair aesthetically pleasing. In terms of what I find sexually attractive in the opposite sex, blonde hair is better than dark hair UNLESS that dark hair is combined with light (blue/green) eyes.
    Men with dark and green eyes are, like, the epitome of human genetics, in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• I personally have always preferred brunettes in terms of attractiveness, but for no particular reason. I feel very indifferent about the question though. Natural or dyed? Sometimes I can't even tell the difference. Generally naturally colored hair looks better - but some people do a really good job when doing their hair. But in general, hair is hair, it doesn't matter how long or short it is, nor the color or shape. It matters to society way more than it does to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer brunettes, personally. That and dark, dark red a-are definitely the best on girls. For guys I think the right shade of blond can look really cool, though. Most of my friends are actually blond

0|0
    0|0
  • I LOVE blonde hair. It's my favourite. Red hair is second. Yes I prefer natural. Chicks with blonde hair have an amazing power over me that I just can't resist. When I see a beautiful blonde, I just melt!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think natural is so beautiful, and I've noticed there's different shades of blonde as well. (some lean more towards ginger) Not a fan of dyed blonde, personally. I like natural hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to like blonde girls a lot when I was young, but now it's my least favorite hair color. Black is my favorite now.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, and I strongly dislike fake blonde hair (and any other fake hair color, for that matter).

• Ah gotcha gotcha. I remember you telling me about if you dyed your hair lime green LOL

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• I don't like fake blondes... blonde is fine. Whatever

0|0
    0|0
  • I love blonde hair... obviously because I used to be blonde and named my account after it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find blond hair to be very attractive on men, it's my favorite hair color.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes