My hair is still so dead after bleaching it several months ago, help?

Long story short, this lady was getting my hair lighter and accidentally fried it. Some hair fell out and it was terrifying because i've always had really healthy hair. Several moths later, it's still thinning and feels like plastic. What can I do to help it recover?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you tired cutting it short and leaving it alone?

• Yes I have, it's grown out a lot but I'm definitely going to have to cut it again/:

• I'm sorry to hear that, I bleached mine then dyed it purple recently my hair made it through tho. Just try cutting it again as short as you are willing to go and treat it with products with lots of natural good stuff. Best of luck to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have done this so many times to myself. If you can, get a Redken strength treatment done on it. Or if you know some one who can get salon products it would help to do it weekly but the product is expensive if you don't buy it at wholesale. You want to be careful to not do it to much as adding to much protein back to the hair will cause it to break as well.
    Limit the amount of heat you use on it as well. Whenever possible, let it air dry and do styles that don't involve heating tools.