My hair is still so dead after bleaching it several months ago, help?

Long story short, this lady was getting my hair lighter and accidentally fried it. Some hair fell out and it was terrifying because i've always had really healthy hair. Several moths later, it's still thinning and feels like plastic. What can I do to help it recover?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you tired cutting it short and leaving it alone?

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes I have, it's grown out a lot but I'm definitely going to have to cut it again/:

• I'm sorry to hear that, I bleached mine then dyed it purple recently my hair made it through tho. Just try cutting it again as short as you are willing to go and treat it with products with lots of natural good stuff. Best of luck to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have done this so many times to myself. If you can, get a Redken strength treatment done on it. Or if you know some one who can get salon products it would help to do it weekly but the product is expensive if you don't buy it at wholesale. You want to be careful to not do it to much as adding to much protein back to the hair will cause it to break as well.
    Limit the amount of heat you use on it as well. Whenever possible, let it air dry and do styles that don't involve heating tools.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Wen. Google it. Get rid of shampoos and conditioners

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Cut it, talk to a stylist who knows what they're doing for advice. Other than that take biotin tablets and use treatments.

1|0
    0|0
    • I immediately went to a new stylist the same day. She freaked out when she saw my hair. She said whoever did it was not paying attention or giving proper care. We did a hair treatment that night and every night for a week and saw little improvement. It got so so expensive though, I had to stop and do my own deep conditioning. It's been months and I'm still suffering. Sucks man.

• You can try coconut oil, but once hair fries to a certain point all you can do is take vitamins and cut it. You can't fix it.

• How sad and disheartening 😭 but I know you're right. I just needed to hear it. Thanks.

• cut it short and let it all grow back, then keep cutting off the dead hair every 6 weeks. thats the only way to help dead hair

use products with biotin in it/eat food with biotin, it'll help it grow back faster and healthier

1|0
    0|0
  • Its probably really dehydrated look up some hair care tips to get aome life back in it mine was the same way

2|0
    0|0
  • Coconut oil, trimming the ends and lots of patience.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes