Why do some hairdressers cut long hair with clippers? Would you want yours cut that way?

I have noticed a lot of people sharing videos on social media lately of hairdressers cutting long hair with clippers and it's usually something like "satisfying haircut". Is this just for the sake of being "satisfying" for the camera or is there a purpose behind it? I've never seen or heard of it being done outside of these videos in really fancy looking salons, and why would you use clippers if you could just use scissors instead? I always thought clippers were for cutting short hair.

Personally, I would be really nervous about letting anyone near my hair with clippers, professional or not. Would you want your hair cut that way?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Wanting my hair short all the time, I don't have much of a choice. lol
    What would you think about cutting hair professionally with lasers, being more precise than scissors?

1|0
    0|0
    • I've never heard of cutting hair with lasers other than like legs and body hair lol, but that would be freaky but maybe cool!

• I terribly doubt they do, but can easily find it existing in the future. It would be great if a barber did both, letting the customers choose which they were more comfortable with. Plus choosing clippers would clearly cost less.

• Yes, true!

What Girls Said 1

• I think it might be a more even cut for whatever look

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes