Why do some hairdressers cut long hair with clippers? Would you want yours cut that way?

I have noticed a lot of people sharing videos on social media lately of hairdressers cutting long hair with clippers and it's usually something like "satisfying haircut". Is this just for the sake of being "satisfying" for the camera or is there a purpose behind it? I've never seen or heard of it being done outside of these videos in really fancy looking salons, and why would you use clippers if you could just use scissors instead? I always thought clippers were for cutting short hair.

Personally, I would be really nervous about letting anyone near my hair with clippers, professional or not. Would you want your hair cut that way?

11